Active Topics

Notices

Well, with FVWM it's been working forever. Modifying Bundyo's hostwin (waf is just a utility for building that or other software) has not gone so well, largely due to lack of time.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Theres been several security fixes in recent rdesktop 1.5.x tree. Everyone is recommended to upgrade to the latest version once (or now if already) available.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2008 @ South Carolina
Benson,

Ok....I believe I understand now. I am not a linux guy at all, so I apologize. I can use FVWM to create a virtual desktop that is 1280x1024 with buttons to call pyRdesktop from within that desktop. It looks like you could run anything that needs larger resolution in that application and it would work with scroll bars. I have never seen such thorough documentation...amazing!

So....now that I am understanding what you are talking about...

Do you have a sample FVWM config file that is already setup to run on the N810 with menus....etc...? Just wondering....it would be nice to have a starting point.

Thanks again for your time.
Steve

I completely understand about life getting busy so I don't want to pester... but apparently I'm going to do it anyway ;-) any luck with a 770 build?

Originally Posted by caldersm View Post
Benson,

Ok....I believe I understand now. I am not a linux guy at all, so I apologize. I can use FVWM to create a virtual desktop that is 1280x1024 with buttons to call pyRdesktop from within that desktop. It looks like you could run anything that needs larger resolution in that application and it would work with scroll bars. I have never seen such thorough documentation...amazing!

So....now that I am understanding what you are talking about...

Do you have a sample FVWM config file that is already setup to run on the N810 with menus....etc...? Just wondering....it would be nice to have a starting point.

Thanks again for your time.
Steve
You can do a big virtual desktop, but you don't even need that; you can just scrollbar any single window down to arbitrary size. I'm afraid I haven't got anything slick; it's basically derived from iiiedokeiii's distribution here. I've made a few site-local tweaks, but no general improvements.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-10-02 at 22:39.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Originally Posted by onhiatus View Post
I completely understand about life getting busy so I don't want to pester... but apparently I'm going to do it anyway ;-) any luck with a 770 build?
Sorry for the lack of replies here... I've been pretty busy with school. A new developer was reecently added to the rdesktop garage project (that expressed interest in the 770), and last I heard, he was tring to get a dev environment set up. I'll have to e-mail him to see if he's made any progress.

This weekend looks pretty busy for me, but I don't have school tuesday, so I'll try to get some more work on the frontend done then.

Benson,

This is my last request on this subject....thanks for your help and patience.

Could you open up a FVWM window....say 1024x768 or 1280x1024.....then open up Rdesktop connected to a server or PC inside this window on your N8x0, and take a snapshot of what it looks like on the Tablet..? I am just curious as to what the scroll bars look like, and how the desktop looks as you scroll it around.

Thanks so much....I wont have my tablet for a week or so, and I wanted to show my boss what it is going to look like inside the virtual window machine.....

Thanks again for all your help,
Steve

Originally Posted by caldersm View Post
Benson,

This is my last request on this subject....thanks for your help and patience.

Could you open up a FVWM window....say 1024x768 or 1280x1024.....then open up Rdesktop connected to a server or PC inside this window on your N8x0, and take a snapshot of what it looks like on the Tablet..? I am just curious as to what the scroll bars look like, and how the desktop looks as you scroll it around.

Thanks so much....I wont have my tablet for a week or so, and I wanted to show my boss what it is going to look like inside the virtual window machine.....

Thanks again for all your help,
Steve
Null sweat, I'll hit this later today.

(Actually, I can record a video of it if you like -- PM me your email address if you want that, as I'm not set up to youtube or anything, and don't really care to be.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Benson,

Those are awesome...!! Thanks so much.....it looks so clear. How is the speed...?

So did you make that config for the FVWM...?

I saw an earlier post where that keyboard was shown.....is that screen turned on its side...? Do you have the N8x0 turned on its side.

oh BTW.....I got my N810 coming....!!!!!!! Finally found one to buy at a reasonable price.....am so fired up.

Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to caldersm For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop