Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
Lol. At least they didn't elect W.
I'm sure a significant number of people all around the world would argue that W _wasn't elected_... twice!!!, despite the shameful fact that he was in fact the president of the US for 8 painful years :-p

And I love the South Park Prius parody, and tend to recommend a VW TDI over a Prius, since the VW TDI's are 50-state-emissions-legal again in the US, the VW is more fuel-efficient than the Prius, unless you almost drive exclusively in the city, and the VW is tons more fun with 236 ft-lb of torque.

Back on topic... I don't have much luck with the FM transmitter in the n900, probably due to very high frequency saturation in the Southern California/Los Angeles area, and the fact that I can't really avoid picking up broadcast stations from 88.1 - 107.9.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I find many Europeans to be superficial and poorly educated. That is just the experience of a few years in Europe, though. Present company excluded, of course.
DAMN that's a broad brush you are painting with.

Anyway back on topic - I tried echoing a higher value to the transmitter control file yesterday and can confirm it helps considerably. Not sure what it did to my power consumption however.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
88.1 is right where I used to have Terry Wogan before he retired - Bracknell may be the same. I hit 'find' and watched the scan till I spotted a chunk where nothing was being found.

Once selected and tuned, my ford fiesta happily picked up signal from n900 on the passenger seat.
Is it front passenger seat? Gave a patient try yesterday evening and my car couldnt pick up the n900 signals at all :-(. Went home and tried it on nokia 6230i and it could pick up the signals. So FM transmitter works fone. I would try to place the n900 in back seat of car and try it during weekend. May be the car is too old. How old is your car?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Tried fm transmitter again today. Bought the car windows down and took the n900 near the car antenna once and woah it worked fine. Then closed the car windows and still it worked fine. I am happy. :-)

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Download "fmBoost" in the repositories to increase the transmission mW output to help.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
The FM Transmitter is too weak to be of use in most circumstances. I've got it working 'OK' in a 2002 VW Golf (50 MPG), but the quality is no-where near as good as the CD Player. Was testing it out with radios in the house - when placed directly on top the signal is clear, although the quality is missing a bit. Not sure if the transmitter a generally low spec component or if this is just cheap software.
Meh, not all FM tuners are created equal...you just need to upgrade :

I had the 900 in the cubby hole of my 20th, and with a "stubby antenna" (in rear of car), I had a solid signal for 2.5hrs on a road trip accross 3 states, while streaming internet radio:

This from