Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Clever and might be worth doing, but it's risky because let's pretend something else causes the temperature reading to be inaccurate. Dividing by ten might not be a universal fix.
WHAT could cause the temperature reading to be SO inaccurate that it would jump above 100C? Anyway, the temperature is refreshed once in a while (I'm too lazy to check how often in sources:P), so even if one or two readings would be inaccurate, after next reading it would read correct temperature (because if I were to decide, I would check this >100 condition during every reading of temperature, because I'm a very lazy person and a bad coder who makes bloatware software using more CPU than it should )

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Clever and might be worth doing, but it's risky because let's pretend something else causes the temperature reading to be inaccurate. Dividing by ten might not be a universal fix.
Maybe QCPUFreq could read out the uname -r string and decide to work on v46 or v47 mode

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-05-05 at 20:40.

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Maybe QCPUFreq could read out the uname -r string and decide to work on v46 or v47 mode
Also clever, but it may be too much work, because early versions of power kernel 47 doesn't even have "power" in output of uname and have "pali" instead. And who knows what will change and how it would look like in future Personally, I like my ">100 condition" option, because it's easiest to implement, I guess :P

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Also clever, but it may be too much work, because early versions of power kernel 47 doesn't even have "power" in output of uname and have "pali" instead. And who knows what will change and how it would look like in future Personally, I like my ">100 condition" option, because it's easiest to implement, I guess :P
Okay, how about keeping it simple? Let the user decide in settings. For noobs there could be some explanation in the about menu, or some suggestion at first startup.

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Okay, how about keeping it simple? Let the user decide in settings. For noobs there could be some explanation in the about menu, or some suggestion at first startup.
Are you sure people who spam 10 pages of thread still asking "wtf why temperature is 300C?!?!?!" again and again will find an option in menu and will know what they should choose? :P One of examples is: see posts 277-287 on page http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71879&page=28 (and next page), one of tags explains all - "noobs-cant-read" :P

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
How could I set min freq to 125 ? I used kernel-config limit 125 1000 but it puts 250 min freq .

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
How could I set min freq to 125 ? I used kernel-config limit 125 1000 but it puts 250 min freq .
Did you also changed avoided frequencies? What does output of "kernel-config show" say? I know that by default 125 and 250 frequencies are disabled and you need to remove them from avoided frequencies list.

Yes , they are on avoided frequencies list . How do I remove them ?

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Yes , they are on avoided frequencies list . How do I remove them ?
I don't know as I never needed to use it, but you may need to use command "kernel-config load /path/to/config/file". To see example config files, please see files in /usr/share/kernel-power-settings, for example "/usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal" has avaliable values in variable FREQS starting with 500. Try adding to your profile (it's "ideal" or "default" profile if you haven't made any changes, I'm not sure) the values from other profile which supports it. For example in ulv profile:
FREQS="0:30,90 125:30,90 250:380,180 [... leave rest of the list from your default profile unchanged, just make sure you don't have duplicates, so if you already had value beginning with "250:" you don't need to add it]
. Just copy it to some other file (may be in the same directory) and run "kerne-config load /path/to/your/config". Please read also this section of kernel power wiki page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#B...2Foverclocking for more information.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Well , I just found the avoided_freq file in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand and now I can set 125 too . Now I am gonna make my presets . Thank you for help .