Active Topics

Notices

This thing is flying along.
For me, I created a Queen Beecon Widget, mainly because I found values set would sometimes unset themselves.
The QBW will display the default values and the current ones so you can see if values change.
It doesn't set values automatically at startup as someone complained it rebooted their device, so it needs to be clicked manually to set up values and clicked again to unset.

Play/Edit it as you so choose and enjoy.

Name:  Swappolube.qbw.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  22.6 KB

swappolube.qbw.txt

Last edited by JonWW; 2010-09-23 at 18:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
I have a problem script did not change the speed or flexibility in my many still suffer from freezing, especially when some call me one I find that the screen gives the color black for a second then shows the caller's name and also the sound shredding
When you move in the icons I also find some freezing

Please help me

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
how do i revert the values when using that GUI? just unmarking the enable checkbox would revert to the original values?
In the last version you'll find a delete button in the menu.

If you want to remove one of the options just leave the first checkbox unticked and create the settings.

Everytime you hit the "Create Settings" button the file is overwritten with a new settings file that has only the options enabled with the value specified on the second (check)box.

A reboot is necessary to propagate those changes. (Will add this last bit of info in the message in a future version).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
A reboot is necessary to propagate those changes. (Will add this last bit of info in the message in a future version).
Why don't you also apply the changes on-the-fly? (Sorry if you did already, I haven't tested it yet).

EDIT: It's OK in creating the tuning script, doesn't change the parameters on-the-fly.
You could separate the two functions with two buttons in the bottom of the screen, one to "apply settings" and the other to "make settings permanent" - or you could have one button only to make the two things. I prefer the two buttons solution.
Also, if you want, don't forget to add /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure which is another interesting parameter to play with.

Finally, I propose that you change your package name to swappolube-gui so that we can have the plain swappolube to change the parameters to a given profile for those who don't want to tinker with tuning, and the swappolube-gui package for the adventurous ones who want to make their own config.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-09-23 at 06:59.

Do i have to uninstall swappolube_0.1-maemo1.deb
before installing GUI version swappolube_0.1.0-5_armel.deb?

Originally Posted by mle79 View Post
Do i have to uninstall swappolube_0.1-maemo1.deb
before installing GUI version swappolube_0.1.0-5_armel.deb?
Nope, when you install the gui version (use the last one not 0.1.0-5), the no-gui one gets uninstalled automatically.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the GUI version is a prick to install due to dependencies !!!!

cant get it to work !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
the GUI version is a prick to install due to dependencies !!!!

cant get it to work !!!!!!!!!!!
Consider all versions attached here as experimental, and needing for cautious adaptation "by-hand" by brave, early adopters.

We (Saturn, me) started a garage project which hopefully will output an extras-devel version which is going to be just a little bit less adventurous

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Saturn, debernardis, i'm fairly sure Dirty Expire Centisecs, Dirty Writeback Centisecs and Page Cluster are not boolean. Could you replace the checkboxes with textboxes (default "0"), like the first three options?

Also a nice feature would be checking the existance of the settings file on startup, and loading the values to the gui, if it exists.

Many thanks for the gui!

Last edited by jabawok; 2010-09-23 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to jabawok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jabawok View Post
Saturn, debernardis, i'm fairly sure Dirty Expire Centisecs, Dirty Writeback Centisecs and Page Cluster are not boolean. Could you replace the checkboxes with textboxes (default "0"), like the first three options?

Also a nice feature would be checking the existance of the settings file on startup, and loading the values to the gui, if it exists.

Many thanks for the gui!
You're right jabawok, I was distracted .
It's better by now for users to install the no-gui version, which just works, while Saturn works on the gui interface.

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning