Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by ppj View Post
I have tried to get MfE working but with no success. With the N900 it is working perfectly with the same settings.

I first installed the client certificate for HTTPS authentication, the same one that works with N900. Then I entered the account and server info to the MfE setup, but it just says that connection failed.
At no point does the system tell that it is trying to use the cert even if I set the notify option on in the certificate store.

Any ideas on how to proceed ? Any info would be appreciated...
I would like to know this as well.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Just for info in N950 beta 2, which should be older firmware that in N9, typing the address it searches and proposes from the contacts list.

One very important missing feature is the search and import from the global contacts in the server.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
With Beta2, I'm fighting to get scheduled synchronization working consistently. I had no such trouble with synchronization using the same settings and servers in Beta1.

I have two MfE accounts: Exchange 2007 and Google. Since upgrading to Beta2, my N950 no longer reliably remembers to synchronize automatically with either server. To the contrary, it is rare that automatic synchronization works.
  • Both Google and Exchange 2007 accounts synchronized fine in Beta1.
  • I did not restore a backup after flashing Beta2.
  • I can synchronize manually using the "circling arrows" buttons in the email application.
  • I have changed the synchronization schedule for both accounts numerous times hoping a schedule would eventually "stick". None has.
  • I have deleted and recreated both MfE accounts two or three times without any improvement.
  • The "Updated" value on the main screen of the email application is almost always incorrect. It usually shows "Updated: 2 days ago", "Updated: 18 hours ago", or the like, even though I've synchronized manually and tapping that account reveals newer email messages in the inbox.
Are there log files I should check, dot-config files I should delete to start fresh, or other troubleshooting steps I should try?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ finland
I am also facing an issue after first initializing sync: It start to claim that server cannot be committed. Red arrow appears and until account is reinitialized nothing happens. Exchange server is 2010 with latest patches.

There was one intresting thing however: When activating developer mode in order to save logs, after boot MfE worked like a charm for over 30 minutes. Unfortunately it stopped to same red arrow afterwards.

Bug or setting?

-nibbe-

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by ppj View Post
I have tried to get MfE working but with no success. With the N900 it is working perfectly with the same settings.

I first installed the client certificate for HTTPS authentication, the same one that works with N900. Then I entered the account and server info to the MfE setup, but it just says that connection failed.
At no point does the system tell that it is trying to use the cert even if I set the notify option on in the certificate store.

Any ideas on how to proceed ? Any info would be appreciated...
Will ask about this issue someone else(never tried it myself).

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Are there log files I should check, dot-config files I should delete to start fresh, or other troubleshooting steps I should try?
What logs are saying? How to Enable logs

Originally Posted by Laxos View Post
If i activate the energiesaving mode periodical synchrnisation fails.
Will check this issue.

Originally Posted by nibbe View Post
There was one intresting thing however: When activating developer mode in order to save logs, after boot MfE worked like a charm for over 30 minutes. Unfortunately it stopped to same red arrow afterwards.
-nibbe-
So, nothing useful in the log file? It looks like a ghostly bug :-D

I have experienced the same problem as Nibble with my Nokia N9.
When creating a new MfE account the sync works. After that the red arrow appears.

Nokia support told me to recreate the MfE account. As above, it works at first but the red arrow always appear the autosync after that or when I manually sync.

I've tried enabling / re-enabling the account, sometimes the sync works and sometimes it doesn't.

I can access the exchange server via the phone browser. So, it seems to me it must be a bug or a setting.

Anyone solved the mystery yet?

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Did not read all posts from beginning so this might be asked before.

It would be nice if I could change name of MfE account. I have now two accounts and later one for google. Name for all accounts in settings and mail client is the same (Mail for Exchange). Now I can see whitch mailbox is whitch only by opening the account and reading mails from them.

Also in account settings It doesnt show correct name for IMAP accounts.

Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
Did not read all posts from beginning so this might be asked before.

It would be nice if I could change name of MfE account. I have now two accounts and later one for google. Name for all accounts in settings and mail client is the same (Mail for Exchange). Now I can see whitch mailbox is whitch only by opening the account and reading mails from them.

Also in account settings It doesnt show correct name for IMAP accounts.
You can change the name of your accounts. Go to Accounts->Select your Exchange account to rename-> Tap on E-mail->In the first row you can edit your e-mail name

Here is the page's screenshot

Last edited by illo1977; 2011-10-14 at 09:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to illo1977 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by illo1977 View Post
You can change the name of your accounts. Go to Accounts->Select your Exchange account to rename-> Tap on E-mail->In the first row you can edit your e-mail name

Here is the page's screenshot
Thanks - that was well hidden!

Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
Thanks - that was well hidden!
Yeh, i think so

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950