Active Topics

Steve Jobs Solved the Innovator's Dilemma

Understatement:

When describing his period of exile from Apple — when John Sculley took over — Steve Jobs described one fundamental root cause of Apple's problems. That was to let profitability outweigh passion: "My passion has been to build an enduring company where people were motivated to make great products. The products, not the profits, were the motivation. Sculley flipped these priorities to where the goal was to make money. It's a subtle difference, but it ends up meaning everything."
Maybe true, but mostly inferred:

They can do it because Apple hasn't optimized its organization to maximize profit. Instead, it has made the creation of value for customers its priority. When you do this, the fear of cannibalization or disruption of one's self just melts away. In fact, when your mission is based around creating customer value, around creating great products, cannibalization and disruption aren't "bad things" to be avoided. They're things you actually strive for — because they let you improve the outcome for your customer.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
I wonder what steve thought about our eligent N900 and N9 ??

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I'm sorry my head is spinning reading this.
I cannot think like a 1%er because there is zero morality in it.

I on the other hand despite being poor compared to these people will never die of cancer or of anything resulting from abusing capitalism and taking advantage of others and trying to disguise it as other things because I:

#1 study the theory of aging and disease and spend my measly extra money at lef.org

#2 I do not place myself above the rest of the human race like these scumbag 1%ers do

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-08-04 at 11:33.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
steve jobs is here ''Pirates of Silicon Valley'' go and watch dis on youtube or somewhere else

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
I agree.. The guy made stupid proof phones and branded them as smartphones..
Still.. I doubt too many people would be using the iphones 3gs which came out around the same time as the N900.
I just wondered what he thought of linux and if he knew or tried maemo?

Tags
r.i.p., steve jobs