Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't think jolla phone is closer to n900 than any android device. It's closer cuisine to n9 but don't compare it with n900. It's a completely different animal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Reading comprehension fail unfortunately, you completely miss the point & instead take the entire debate off-tangent.
(N.B. I personally don't 100% agree with all the points made in the post you're addressing)

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-24 at 12:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Tizen will be available for your laptop soon.
Linux running on x86 laptop, who would believe.
Barnabas Collins

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't think jolla phone is closer to n900 than any android device. It's closer cuisine to n9 but don't compare it with n900. It's a completely different animal.
You don't get it.

Android is Linux-based and is open source - there's no question about that. The issue with Android is that everything that makes Linux great (the packages!) has been wallpapered over and the only way you interact wiith the OS is through a bastardized Java layer.

The whole reason that this forum is still going is because the N900 and the N9 offer the most amount of power a user can have in a mobile device. Jolla look to be carrying the torch on this and from what I can see, they are the only ones who have confirmed that we will continue to have this kind of power in the future.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
You don't get it.

Android is Linux-based and is open source - there's no question about that. The issue with Android is that everything that makes Linux great (the packages!) has been wallpapered over and the only way you interact wiith the OS is through a bastardized Java layer.

The whole reason that this forum is still going is because the N900 and the N9 offer the most amount of power a user can have in a mobile device. Jolla look to be carrying the torch on this and from what I can see, they are the only ones who have confirmed that we will continue to have this kind of power in the future.
You can argue this point forever, bend the words until all words are used. Still note make it so. So it's java that is getting in your way? All phones with out java are close to n900. Great thinking.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You can argue this point forever, bend the words until all words are used. Still note make it so. So it's java that is getting in your way? All phones with out java are close to n900. Great thinking.
Meh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
some pictures from the developer conference:

The Following User Says Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Linux running on x86 laptop, who would believe.
You clearly seem to think you've made some kind of point there

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
some pictures from the developer conference:

What's very intressting is that the troll Compony openmobile is there among the giants. I wonder why that is...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yep that was known for quite some time, tried dig-up some more info a while back but it was as vague as ever

Interesting read...
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...ion-of-asm-js/

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-24 at 17:48. Reason: added extra article

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen