Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lancaster
Hi, sorry to be a massive noob. But I'm having serious trouble understanding how to get psx4m to work. I'm probably jsut being stupid tbh. but could someone put some instructions on here please. I unistalled psx4all and then installed psx4m but don't don't know what to do from there. =(

twiny,

open a xterm window.
type
sudo ln -s /usr/games/psx4m /usr/bin/psx4m
then keep doing
cd <folder name in MyDocs>
until you're in your desired ISO/BIN/IMG file

then type
psx4m -runcd <game name.extension>
do that everytime until smoku releases a GUI for psx4m

after i type the first command that begins with sudo , xterm asks for a password but wont let me enter anything?? help

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
I will try my best write some sort of instructions on a blog very soon hopefully before 24hr now I have to sleep and go to the university
till now stick with psx4all and dont forget to download psx bios download from anywhere google it it have the file name similar to scph1001 put in N900 folder should be all small letter and start off.

also you can find insructions in this thread and instead of sudo
1 download rootsh
2 in terminal write "sudo gainroot" then hit enter or return
3 follow the steps without writing sudo

to help you can write "ls" then hit enter to see all the files under where you are now the cd to any

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Smoku, OpenGl 4.1 has been released..check it out..it will help ;-)

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by altorn View Post
This is a great emulator though, smoku, and I'm using it a lot, but I don't even think this is qualified as a "game".
I had the same concerns and asked the organizer of the contest. And "Games" was the answer.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by yodawg View Post
after i type the first command that begins with sudo , xterm asks for a password but wont let me enter anything?? help
Forget that sudo/root stuff.

Just get the PS BIOS - scph1001.bin and put it in MyDocs (root of the USB drive you see after connecting N900 to PC). Then put ISO of your game in the same place.

Then open 'X Terminal' app and type:
/usr/games/psx4m -runcd /home/user/MyDocs/your_game.iso

The psx4m installation guide will be available soon!

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever