Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Yep, UK 3.2010.02-8 is finally available OTA

Got it, not had chance play - what's really in it?

I had problems updating (it told me I had to do it via the PC suite). I fixed it by removing the libgles1-sgx-img package, then I could upgrade over-the-air.

UK here, can't update, my app manager tells me to do it through software updater but updater tells me that software is already up to date (which it isn't) any suggestions?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by wolf8668 View Post
UK here, can't update, my app manager tells me to do it through software updater but updater tells me that software is already up to date (which it isn't) any suggestions?
How much rootfs space you have left? I think it might be the reason you cannot update through app manager as you don't have enough space or you have installed some extras-devel applications that do not allow you to upgrade. Information for how much rootfs you need and how to free it, use search.

thanks chainreaction.
i managed to get the "update" button to appear by uninstalling one package but i haven't got enough room in rootfs (df -h shows 29 mb) do you know how can i free it up?

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I can confirm rootf space is key

1. Do a backup
2. Remove lots of apps
3. ota firmware upgrade now works
4. Do a restore
5. Be happy

A bit of a hassle, but I guess that's the drawback of installing from devel/testing

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ northern ireland
Originally Posted by Morphic View Post
Thought I'd never see the day, yellow exclamation just started flashing and it's a maemo 5 update. Low and behold 3.2010.02-8 is here for 203 variant!!
thats what happened with me, showed up as maemo update.
in fact it was so quick and easy i didnt realise id upgraded the firmware, felt faster than doing it with the pc and cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to armolite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
i have nothing in maemo HAM ! is it normal ? is the 1.2 a late april fool ?

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Nowhere in my update manager is this to be seen....

Anyone else in the UK got this ota? I have an unbranded handset running on o2 simplicity...

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update