Active Topics

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by pavlik View Post
Hello,

I have a weird problem with MfE. I can not synchronize mail with exchange server. It kind of worked before. The problem started when I deleted and created same MfE account on my N900 several times ( I know but I will not go into details why for now).
After I set it up first sync goes fine. I can send e-mail but when I try to manually run synchronization it fails with

"Exchange server is not responding. Verify that account settings are correct."

error. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it without re-flashing?
I am synchronizing mail and calendar. If I sync calendar only it works fine. If mail is included in sync it fails.

I attached activesync log. I edited the log file slightly to change my company name to "mycompany" and my login to "myname".

Thanks in advance for advise,
-Pavel
Hi,

Your problem looks similar to:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1152

hope it helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ California, USA
Thank you very much. Yes, it does look like my problem. I started reading the thread but somewhere on page 70 gave up and read a few pages at the end. Posting 1152 eluded me
Thanks again for the help. I would not have looked for m4eflders app

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I had MfE ith Google working OK. Then came the new Ovi Update and I thought it would bring full synch support so I tried synching. Well it it didn't work nor does MfE for Google after my short adventure.

I have tried deleting the MfE account setting it up again, completely deleting contacts and calendar(N900) but it fails on the calendar synch. Had some strange problems with contacts but it seems ok now. The error I get is "Exchange server not responding". BUT a Full Resynch always works and the scheduled synchs works after that as long as I don't edit the calendar.

I could live with this, just have to remember to manually go to settings and do full resynch, I thought I'd check if someone experienced something similar.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I re-flashed my N900 and configured MfE the first thing I did and now it works!

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by tokuro View Post
I also noticed much incresed time needed to enter to a folder. For example, when i select inbox, it'll think about 20 - 30 sec, before i can see the content. Right after i got 1.2, it was ok. it seems to get slower everyday...
Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. If I do a dbus-monitor, I can see a whole string of dbus errors churn out while this delay is taking place. Would love to hear if someone knows how to fix this.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. If I do a dbus-monitor, I can see a whole string of dbus errors churn out while this delay is taking place. Would love to hear if someone knows how to fix this.
It might be helpful if you copied and pasted the dbus errors here (or into bugs.maemo.org).

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
It might be helpful if you copied and pasted the dbus errors here (or into bugs.maemo.org).
Good idea. Here is the deal: I ssh into my phone so that I can do the dbus-monitor in the background. I pipe it into a file and then click on an email in the inbox. I get a long delay during which dbus-monitor is pumping out tons of these:
Code:
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99757 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 163
signal sender=:1.31 -> dest=(null destination) serial=99227 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=NotificationClosed
   uint32 163
method call sender=:1.31 -> dest=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon serial=99228 path=/com/nokia/HildonSVNotificationDaemon; interface=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon; member=StopEvent
   int32 165
method return sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 reply_serial=99757
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99758 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 162
signal sender=:1.31 -> dest=(null destination) serial=99230 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=NotificationClosed
   uint32 162
These look remarkably like the list of integers at the beginning of the file /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/accounts/Mail@32@for@32@ExchangeID/%gconf.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="notification_ids" mtime="1281391489" type="list" ltype="int">
                <li type="int" value="163"/>
                <li type="int" value="162"/>
                <li type="int" value="160"/>
                <li type="int" value="159"/>
                <li type="int" value="158"/>
                <li type="int" value="157"/>
                <li type="int" value="156"/>
                <li type="int" value="155"/>
                <li type="int" value="154"/>
                <li type="int" value="153"/>
                <li type="int" value="152"/>
                <li type="int" value="151"/>
                <li type="int" value="150"/>
                <li type="int" value="149"/>
                <li type="int" value="148"/>
I don't know if the list is exactly the same, and if it is growing at all (though the update timestamp on the xml file is current, so it has been updated). So what is generating these notifications? If I delete the "li" nodes, will I break something? Will they get replaced?

I would love to hear any thoughts from anyone (including whether I should put all this into a new or existing bug in the maemo bugzilla) before I go around deleting from gconf files willy nilly. I pulled the modest source code from the repository (open source rocks!) but have not found anything of interest related to notifications, or to the dbus call above...but I have only started pouring through it.

I should add that the method calls mentioned previously are followed by LOTS of these errors:

Code:
error sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=99776
   string "Method invoked for CloseNotification returned FALSE but did not set error"
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99777 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 142
error sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=99777
   string "Method invoked for CloseNotification returned FALSE but did not set error"
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99778 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 141
error sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=99778
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99779 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 140
error sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=99779
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99780 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 139
error sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 error_name=org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.ErrorError reply_serial=99780
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99781 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 138

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hi!

im having a hard time with the n900's mfe for the last few days. whenever it syncs, the synchronization always fails with an error banner "Configured server is not an Exchange server".

well my first option was a reboot but no changes. i contact our IT regarding this and confirmed that all my settings and inputs are correct.

i tried to wait until today, and if my mfe still fails, i need to run here.

please advise, thanks.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
im having a hard time with the n900's mfe for the last few days. whenever it syncs, the synchronization always fails with an error banner "Configured server is not an Exchange server".

well my first option was a reboot but no changes. i contact our IT regarding this and confirmed that all my settings and inputs are correct.
Sounds very odd that it suddenly decides the server isn't an Exchange server

Anyway, I'd suggest enabling logging and seeing whether anything useful is reported. The other thing you could try is to delete the account altogether and rerun the setup from scratch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!