Active Topics

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
Orderd myself a triple pack of DQC-160, should be the best screen protector out there.
Yes, the M3 Vikuiti (name of the protection film/foil) based products are excellent. There are two main versions though, a glossy, mirrored one and a matte one. The matte one is less prone to scratches, has some fancy surface which "melts" back together upon a scratch happening. You have to research that yourself though to find out, which one suits you best.

The Following User Says Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unkno View Post
Anyone used the Durasec HighTec before? Any good?

Maybe I should wait for screen protectors like Brando or Martin Fields

They are brilliant. Use them on all my DSLR and compact cameras as well as on the Blackberrys we have. They are very easy to apply, very strong protection and do not affect the touch screen on the Storm in a negative way. I have mine already awaiting my N900

The Following User Says Thank You to TC3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I'm going to get a three pack of these in black:
3 X Rubberized Hard Cases Cover Skin For NOKIA N900
They are pretty cheap, and you get free shipping!

I don't think I want to put a bulky leather case on my N900. I have a nice Noreve one for my Cowon S9 PMP and I just got a bit over it recently (the case that is; the S9 is excellent - best PMP I've come across).

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by RobertH View Post
I'm going to get a three pack of these in black:
3 X Rubberized Hard Cases Cover Skin For NOKIA N900
They are pretty cheap, and you get free shipping!

I don't think I want to put a bulky leather case on my N900. I have a nice Noreve one for my Cowon S9 PMP and I just got a bit over it recently (the case that is; the S9 is excellent - best PMP I've come across).
The problem with this cheap cases is that you're limited to using touch screen only.... just like the iphone. You should be able to pull out the phone easily and text quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
The problem with this cheap cases is that you're limited to using touch screen only.... just like the iphone. You should be able to pull out the phone easily and text quickly.
From looking at the pictures, I think that there are separate front and back pieces. It does say rubberised hard case. I don't think it's a skin (despite the title). I wouldn't want a skin; not much point in having a mobile computer with no keyboard (for me)!

EDIT: Here's an image of it:

Last edited by RobertH; 2009-11-12 at 15:16. Reason: Image added

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
From looking at the pictures, I think that there are separate front and back pieces. It does say rubberised hard case. I don't think it's a skin (despite the title). I wouldn't want a skin; not much point in having a mobile computer with no keyboard (for me)!

EDIT: Here's an image of it:
This is the type of case I want...my only gripe is that the upper portion covers the "Nokia" name...

The Following User Says Thank You to legendemeritus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Just bought this leather case from eBay. Looks pretty solid, only £3.15 and from UK seller.

I am really liking those screen protectors and hard rubber cases mentioned on this thread too. Watching a few on eBay - Will probably end up with one of each...

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Those are EXCELLENT...! Gotta have a pack of those once the N900s around the corner.

(... the S9 is excellent - best PMP I've come across).
Ever heard of some weird N900 or so...? Heard ppl say it's quite the bomb

The Following User Says Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
Ever heard of some weird N900 or so...? Heard ppl say it's quite the bomb
Haha yeah, but those didn't exist in April. Plus I don't think I'll be able to get 50hours play time out of my N900

I checked with the seller of the rubberised hard case, he/she states the you will be able to use the keyboard as normal.

Dear rmhowie,

yes my dear friend, you will type on the keyboard as normal with this skin on , thanks

- itsurprise
Originally Posted by legendemeritus View Post
This is the type of case I want...my only gripe is that the upper portion covers the "Nokia" name...
Yeah, it would be nice if it didn't cover the logo. Maybe the cut-out for the the logo would have made the case too thin at that point. You could put it on up side down! but it might cover half of it still. I'm sure others will come out that leave the logo visible.

If anyone is getting a Noreve case I would caution against the suede "vintage" texture. It is beautiful at first but gets dirty very easily, and you need to roughen up the suede pretty often. I got this texture on my Noreve S9 case, but now I wish I had gone with the regular leather.

Last edited by RobertH; 2009-11-12 at 23:33. Reason: Added some information about the Noverve case I have

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-MATTE-CA...item45ef340624

i just ordered this one. its only 2,70€ and i hope it will lfit nicely.
Im also thinking to buy screen protector.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector