Active Topics

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Consumer opinions and expressions are clear, the stock is going up buddy and even your negativism aint gonna stop it.
again, the logic of the stock markets is a little more complicated then that.
what the increase of the NOK shares most likely reflects now is the conviction of brokers that NOKIA is going to be bought up, thus a very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ company is going to offer lot's and lot's of bucks for 'em
correction: more bucks then what they are worth right now
neither of which is much, right?

Last edited by misterc; 2011-07-07 at 22:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
hey, you the developer, right?
I'm a developer... and not a good one at that.

So yeah... not all apps are in Linux. Especially for this Adobe Flex/Flash dev. Can't see my stuff on the N900. No 10.3 plugin. Nor Unity 3D. Nor quite a few other things that I tinker with all day.

I need those things. That's why I have OS X. And Windows. And Linux - N900 can admin the ever-living hell out of my Linux servers. But content from the other two? Not so well.

Linux doesn't do everything. Not yet. But that's because my needs are way different than just an average Linux server admin. I develop content too. And websites. And games.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
ELOP?

Here you go right here

Just kidding this is Will Farell making a joke in public with another comedian.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm a developer... and not a good one at that.

So yeah... not all apps are in Linux. Especially for this Adobe Flex/Flash dev. Can't see my stuff on the N900. No 10.3 plugin. Nor Unity 3D. Nor quite a few other things that I tinker with all day.

I need those things. That's why I have OS X. And Windows. And Linux - N900 can admin the ever-living hell out of my Linux servers. But content from the other two? Not so well.

Linux doesn't do everything. Not yet. But that's because my needs are way different than just an average Linux server admin. I develop content too. And websites. And games.
i'll pick up on Mikecomputing's about 20'000 apps;
or 100'000 iApps?
i'm happy w/ Skype, MSN, Yahoo! Msg.er & gchat and getting notified when i get an e-mail (@hotmail.com, @yahoo.com or @gmail.com)
when travelling, i like to be able to keep up to date with the public transport trip planning site which, thankfully, is very basic HTML and allows me to check for connections on the fly or simply keep track of arrival & departure times & tracks or line nbr.s
but watching Flash... why would you wanna do that "on the move"?

o, right... a lot of sites have flash nowadays, right?
there is an AdBlock Plus version available for mobile FF, right >?-)

yes, i guess if you have subscribed to the mercantilization of the WWW,, flash is required, indeed.
does it add useful information? anything plain dumb HTML can't provide? leave alone on the 800x480 pixel display...

just ranting, i guess :|

last time i synchronized the two N900s, i had 107 apps installed.
a couple more, now, i guess
been tweaking some, lately
who has time for 20'000, leave along 100'000 apps?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Consumer opinions and expressions are clear, the stock is going up buddy and even your negativism aint gonna stop it.
Keep pumping that stock! You'll be rich like the Lehman Brothers in NO time!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm loving my 4.3 inch screen on my HTC HD7S. Microsoft evil? Never said it. Elop evil? Never said it.

I don't see why evil pops out of people's mouth so damn easily. Evil is relative to good... so who's good?
Nope. Not evil. Uncomfortably flamboyant? Definitely.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
But no, Elop entered Nokia, looked around and thought - Me evil emperor, me give all this to Microsoft, me be rich - muuhhaaa
Dude. Not cool. No need to speak in racist stereotypes to make your point.

again, the logic of the stock markets is a little more complicated then that.
what the increase of the NOK shares most likely reflects now is the conviction of brokers that NOKIA is going to be bought up, thus a very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ company is going to offer lot's and lot's of bucks for 'em
correction: more bucks then what they are worth right now
neither of which is much, right?
SPECULATION CHA-CHA-CHA!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

what on earth are you doing on TMO?!?desperately waiting for PR 1.4?
Close. I'm desperately waiting for my n950 dev kit; it should get here by Monday, or maybe even this Saturday if I'm lucky. But I think you're on to something, for some of us:

PR 1.4 == Meego 1.2 Harmattan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
i'll pick up on Mikecomputing's about 20'000 apps;
or 100'000 iApps?
i'm happy w/ Skype, MSN, Yahoo! Msg.er & gchat and getting notified when i get an e-mail (@hotmail.com, @yahoo.com or @gmail.com)
when travelling, i like to be able to keep up to date with the public transport trip planning site which, thankfully, is very basic HTML and allows me to check for connections on the fly or simply keep track of arrival & departure times & tracks or line nbr.s
but watching Flash... why would you wanna do that "on the move"?

o, right... a lot of sites have flash nowadays, right?
there is an AdBlock Plus version available for mobile FF, right >?-)

yes, i guess if you have subscribed to the mercantilization of the WWW,, flash is required, indeed.
does it add useful information? anything plain dumb HTML can't provide? leave alone on the 800x480 pixel display...

just ranting, i guess :|

last time i synchronized the two N900s, i had 107 apps installed.
a couple more, now, i guess
been tweaking some, lately
who has time for 20'000, leave along 100'000 apps?
You should be banished to a purely console text existence and browsing websites with LYNX (not even links!) for the rest of your days for your insubordination!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Close. I'm desperately waiting for my n950 dev kit; it should get here by Monday, or maybe even this Saturday if I'm lucky. But I think you're on to something, for some of us:

PR 1.4 == Meego 1.2 Harmattan
i'm afraid you got the Maemo release cycle wrong
MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan is N900's HE

ps: let us know about the N950... does the screen turn landscape when you slide out the kbd, or do you have to use it vertically?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
When talking about Elop there are other changes apart from the move to WP. I have never seen so aggressive nokia marketing as now. They are pushing their symbian devices very hard (billboards, internet ads etc). I witnessed a nokia salesperson working full time in a large retailer pretending to be the retailer's employee (given away by his t-shirt which had the N8 slogan, but not the nokia logo) trying for some 20 minutes to convince one customer to buy the N8 over the iPhone (he also said that N8 is GHz and E7 is dual-core haha). They also have committed to years of updates for their devices (not staying back to the previous FP) and showing off new and desirable devices E7, X7 etc for the first time after the N95.

I also hate the WP7 move, and I believe that it is killing nokia. Maybe Elop is a trojan horse, BUT the effectiveness in the process of selling phones since his arrival seems to have increased tremendously.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You should be banished to a purely console text existence and browsing websites with LYNX (not even links!) for the rest of your days for your insubordination!
gimme gimme gimme... a man after midnight?
NO!
A KEYBOARD ¦-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tags
balmer was here, e6 rox, elop rox, elop snopp, elop's fool, the elop flop