Notices

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Hi!
Using the last version seams that sending multiple files via e-mail is not working. I selected 5 pictures and tap send via email option but nothing happened.
Also I encountered problem trying to send files via bluetooth. How to reproduce: Open filebox, choose a file and tipe sending via bluetooth. The bluetooth is activated and the window of available device is shown. After the seending is complete try to send another file to same device. Nothing happens. The pop up with the devices available is not shown.
Please investigate those two cases.
Thanks!

Current FileBox processes compressed files before it tries to recognize their MIME type and act on it. For example, if you have a *.rom.gz file, which has a valid MIME type "application/x-msxrom" (installed by fMSX), FileBox will try to show archive contents rather than load this file info fMSX.

Somewhat related to the above problem, FileBox will show empty contents for single GZIPped files (i.e. *.gz but not *.tar.gz).

lol @ OP's english apology. its better than most americans!

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Just noticed that when you're copying files or folders with FileBox, it ignores to copy symlinks / symlinked filed and folders. Can this be fixed?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

A problem I've been having with Filebox, is the copy paste feature. I copy files, but when I go to the location for them to be pasted too, filebox always closes when trying to activate the menu to select paste from.

Anybody else having this problem?

2d

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
A problem I've been having with Filebox, is the copy paste feature. I copy files, but when I go to the location for them to be pasted too, filebox always closes when trying to activate the menu to select paste from.

2d

Are you just trying to copy and paste or copy and overwrite something? like for a icon or something?

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
the scissors icon is for cut
so you can add your files to clipboard and use this function for move them
Hi CepiPerez,
I tried scissors but it didn't work, it was disabled and also to go to scissors icon I have to first click on clipboard, which in my opinion too many clicks. Am I doing something wrong? Also why can't we have a "Move" or "Cut" option in menu like we have other options?

Regards

Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post

2d
Copy paste works fine in my system. Are you using the latest version of filebox?

Also after selecting the files and the copy option in the context menu go to the target folder, select the clipboard icon and then the paste or cut ( to move files) option.

I also think that it would be easier and faster to have a cut and paste option in the context menu. It could bypass the need to select from the clipboard.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
All right, new version 0.5-4 uploaded

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Assuming that I have both file managers opened and I browse in the same "x" folder in both. If I delete a "y" file from "x" dir in filemanager then I switch to filebox the "y" file is still shown in the "x" directory. that means that filebox doesn't auto-refresh like filemanager!

This can be fixed?
Now filebox watch the current dir and refresh on changes.

Originally Posted by simmy View Post
The arrow keys open the quicksearch bar now instead of scrolling. Still hoping for left arrow one folder up and right arrow open selected folder/file. Loving the program thanx!
Fixed up/down arrows.

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Hi!
Using the last version seams that sending multiple files via e-mail is not working. I selected 5 pictures and tap send via email option but nothing happened.
Also I encountered problem trying to send files via bluetooth. How to reproduce: Open filebox, choose a file and tipe sending via bluetooth. The bluetooth is activated and the window of available device is shown. After the seending is complete try to send another file to same device. Nothing happens. The pop up with the devices available is not shown.
Please investigate those two cases.
Thanks!
Send via e-mail sometimes does nothing.
I don't understand why, cause filebox uses dbus for this.
I will keep checking this.
Send via bluetooth works always for me, let me check sending another phones from some other friends.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
Current FileBox processes compressed files before it tries to recognize their MIME type and act on it. For example, if you have a *.rom.gz file, which has a valid MIME type "application/x-msxrom" (installed by fMSX), FileBox will try to show archive contents rather than load this file info fMSX.

Somewhat related to the above problem, FileBox will show empty contents for single GZIPped files (i.e. *.gz but not *.tar.gz).
Fixed, I think, please check.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Just noticed that when you're copying files or folders with FileBox, it ignores to copy symlinks / symlinked filed and folders. Can this be fixed?
Yes it copies, but the problem is when the copied symlink is broken (symlink copied not linking to the full path of the source).
Anyways, I'll add this. If the symlink is broken you'll see it now. Also you'll see a little arrow for all symlinks.

Originally Posted by sacal View Post
Copy paste works fine in my system. Are you using the latest version of filebox?

Also after selecting the files and the copy option in the context menu go to the target folder, select the clipboard icon and then the paste or cut ( to move files) option.

I also think that it would be easier and faster to have a cut and paste option in the context menu. It could bypass the need to select from the clipboard.
You have CTRL+V to paste selected files in clipboard.
In this version I've added CTRL+X to cut.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
All the reported problems are solved! Thanks!
I think you should update in About the version of the program.
There will be one more thing but I will tell you later!
Thanks!

Tags
file manager, filebox