LOL! fcam???!!!!!! Is nokia kidding us???? is the F in FCam the 4 letter obscene word? sigh.

once bitten, twice shy (and, oh yes, believe us, Nokia, we've been bitten many times before by YOU!).

i've given up on any "exciting" news from Nokia. they seem to be disconnected from the n900 community.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
As for the "big news" fcam API:

fcam-drivers conflicts with BlessN900.
The sample application fcamera does not allow the camera app to start when it is running. That's interesting, could be used as a sample code for whoever wants to do this.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
The thing..if apple would have released such an App for their Iphone through a Software Update...BBC/CNN/Family guy Channel 5 would be covering it... but its Nokia...so no one really cares ><!

in the fcam video on stanford site, it shows them having an IMU attached to the n900, I am very curious about that aspect. how did they get IMU data into n900, USB??

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
I'm not bothered by that. BlessN900 was sometimes an improvement on the standard camera software, but often not...

well then, apple knows how to spin a good marketing story around their releases. hell, even if they released horse piss and claims it will make their iphone more redolent, everyone would sit up and buy a bottle of it in a heartbeat. that's apple.

and then, there is nokia..........ah well, look at it on the bright side, any news is better than no news. at least we know nokia is still working on the n900 and maemo (for now at least).

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
The fcamera news is great...but it's not want we was expecting

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil

The sample application fcamera does not allow the camera app to start when it is running. That's interesting, could be used as a sample code for whoever wants to do this.

Now that I quit fcamera, the sample application, I try to start the camera... but it starts and crashes with "operation failed"! Wow! What an excitement!

I am rebooting now to see if it is still working. It's not. Camera stopped working! When I rebooted it didn't reboot right away, I was afraid I could have bricked my device.

Ok, now let's uninstall this very alpha software and get BlessN900 back. That's enough 'excitement' for today.

Thanks, Nokia! You never fail to disappoint me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest

Now that I quit fcamera, the sample application, I try to start the camera... but it starts and crashes with "operation failed"! Wow! What an excitement!

I am rebooting now to see if it is still working. It's not. Camera stopped working! When I rebooted it didn't reboot right away, I was afraid I could have bricked my device.

Ok, now let's uninstall this very alpha software and get BlessN900 back. That's enough 'excitement' for today.

Thanks, Nokia! You never fail to disappoint me.
U also installed fcam drivers ?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
To be fair, it did tell you during the installation that you'd need to reboot before you could use it. (If I recall correctly, BlessN900 required exactly the same.)

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed