Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
this has suddenly just stopped working, it opens for a second then closes, i have uninstalled and then re-installed but same thing

whats going on, any ideas
Can you run it from the command line and let me know what it says before it crashes?

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Can you run it from the command line and let me know what it says before it crashes?
sorry, not good with x term, can you tell me the command to run it from x term

Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
sorry, not good with x term, can you tell me the command to run it from x term
/opt/usr/bin/columbus

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I'm having the problem too and its complaining about missing librxsupport.so.1 (can't find shared object file).

EDIT: and I have librxsupport installed and latest version

Last edited by MiK546; 2011-01-06 at 23:14.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
I'm having the problem too and its complaining about missing librxsupport.so.1 (can't find shared object file).

EDIT: and I have librxsupport installed and latest version
Like mentioned before in this thread, the current packages are broken, either wait for the new release this weekend or do the fixes manually as described earlier.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JKO65 View Post
Are you in X-term with Root shell enabled? i.e have you done sudo gainroot before ldconfig command? Promt should be like /home/user #
Yes, I did "Sudo Gainroot" and Root Shell was enabled and from the promt /home/user # , I typed in Idconfig and got the message "/bin/sh: idconfig: not found"

You're getting you i's and l's confused. LDCONFIG but all lower case.

You're getting you i's and l's confused. LDCONFIG but all lower case.
Thanks Tom, I got confused between i $ L. Now I'm able to launch the application, but the app is not connecting to satellite. Do you know what could be the reason.

Originally Posted by ajesayen View Post
Thanks Tom, I got confused between i $ L. Now I'm able to launch the application, but the app is not connecting to satellite. Do you know what could be the reason.
Ah, seems you're one of yhe few like myself that suffer this bug, fixed in the next version. I'm not even sure what causes it yet, but I seem to have got it working again for myself. So when I put the new version up tomorrow I'd appreciate your feedback. It seems on some devices some times Qt Mobility Location API fails to initialise liblocation and there for the GPS :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Ah, seems you're one of yhe few like myself that suffer this bug, fixed in the next version. I'm not even sure what causes it yet, but I seem to have got it working again for myself. So when I put the new version up tomorrow I'd appreciate your feedback. It seems on some devices some times Qt Mobility Location API fails to initialise liblocation and there for the GPS :/
Tom, when will the new version be up

Tags
navigation, nokia n900