Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by clownzee View Post
how do u zoom in chromium? lol
Here is a control list: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=114

I tried it and it's overall smooth.
However it isn't optimized for touch at all... (menu & interface wise)

The performance in flash games seems to be higher, on the other hand I can't say the same thing about videos.

Overall, it has the potential to become better than Microb, but it needs some work.

BTW
What will happen with MicroB one we co MeeGo?
I heard they're taking it out, I hope somebody will decide to adopt it

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by clownzee View Post
how do u zoom in chromium? lol
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=81

lol

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
When changing from-to fullscreen mode, I run after n900 boot Easy Debian's "Set Deb HW keys" script, so ctrl+space switch between modes (Chromium or any app you want to manage at full-screen)
BUT is possible to get fullscreen without loose page tabs?
I confirm.

This is the work-around we've all been looking for.

If you have Easy Debian, this is a chroot script (if I'm not mistaken), Run it, wait for xTerm to close, go to any app you choose, and press Ctrl + Space.

It basically shows or hides hildon's ...err... how do I not know this... bar-thingy...

Although, it also does the fullscreen command in Chromium as well, so you will not be able to access your address bar and tabs.

But it's togglable, so not a big problem.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-04-11 at 23:32.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Hi....has anyone found a way to fix the upper case thing?
When I have to type anything, it comes in upper case...

Could anyone clarify how they got the uppercase bug in the first place? I don't seem to be affected.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Could anyone clarify how they got the uppercase bug in the first place? I don't seem to be affected.
If i knew, naybe i would be able to solve it, I simply installed it, and there it was.

Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
If i knew, naybe i would be able to solve it, I simply installed it, and there it was.

So, it's everywhere, right? not just the web page or address bar by themselves?

What I did:

Downloaded files from the maemo-freak post (http://maemo-freak.com/index.php/dow...o-a-bried-test) directly onto the N900 to .documents

installed libsxx, then chromium via dpkg -i

run chromium, install chrometouch.

run "Set Deb HW Keys" (part of Easy Debian, Easy Chroot) to enable fullscreen toggle via Ctrl+Space

No problems encountered with caps.

yup! uppercase seems to be everywhere since i installed it.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Hi....has anyone found a way to fix the upper case thing?
When I have to type anything, it comes in upper case...

Hold down the shift key as you type?

Worked for me entering password in Yahoo Mail.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The big thing that stops me from switching to this browser is that MicroB handles bookmarks so well. Is there a way to just take the bookmark setup over and use it with Chrome?

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser