Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Poland
I would hope to get flash 10 on n900 rather soon - even Nokia releases videos requiring v10: http://qt.nokia.com/developer/learni.../talks/archive . And since I got n900 I do not want to sit in front of the computer to watch some movies - even about programming topics! Yeah, this device makes me really lazy ;-)

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by tomaszrybak View Post
I would hope to get flash 10 on n900 rather soon - even Nokia releases videos requiring v10: http://qt.nokia.com/developer/learni.../talks/archive . And since I got n900 I do not want to sit in front of the computer to watch some movies - even about programming topics! Yeah, this device makes me really lazy ;-)
Yes I'm second that. My computers also getting really lazy lately too. We should I said this past few months my Computers hardly working hard lol. It is always off and just do the dust collecting. Would love to have flash10 on it though. It would make my Desktop and laptop on holiday earlier and more than now.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
When Adobe compiles an i386 or AMD64 shared object for the PC, it works pretty much regardless of kernel version or distribution. It should work the same way for ARMEL, again whether you have a droid or n900. It may not require an glES2 gpu either. So if Meego gets it, I imagine the n900 inherits it as well.

It is not that I don't realize that the two platforms are alike (almost the same). I have just had some bad experiences when it comes to expecting things to be developed for a platform.
One example is Divxplayer/coreplayer for S60v5.
Coreplayer and Divxplayer has been available for S60v3 for a long time and when I bought my Nokia 5800 I and just about everyone else figured it would simply be a matter of time before S60v5 versions were released as S60v3 and S60v5 are basically the same - but a year later there are still no working divxplayer for the s60v5 platform. Sometimes the obvious just doesn't happen.
Another example was when I bought the Nokia 7710 – a lot of promise but that was just about it.
I'm not saying that I don't think Flash 10 will come to the N900. I strongly believe so and as I wrote earlier there isn't much that indicates it shouldn't, - but you asked why some of us fear it won't be and I tried to explain.
Over time I've just come to realize that in this fast spinning world nothing’s ever a sure deal and any expectation can lead to disappointment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tejs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Actually, the term "MeeGo" is just a (very stupid) marketing decision, that's all for now.
And it will be compatible with the N900, also.

It's almost end of Q1 2010. When exactly is the roll out date for the N900?

Cant wait

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
use search before hitting new thread button

The Following User Says Thank You to Elhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by amiraseri View Post
It's almost end of Q1 2010. When exactly is the roll out date for the N900?

Cant wait
You don't really think that there's anyone on this forum that knows the answer to this, do you?

It's all in Adobe/Nokia's court now. At this point they're certainly not obligated to release it at all, but since we know it's done and works we can only pray that they do so in a timely manner.

Of course they could decide not to release it at all and there wouldn't be so much as a press release telling us to stop waiting for it.

That's just the way it is with proprietary software....

tomorrow when you get the 1.2 firmware, you will have flash 10.1

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by gianni_mar View Post
tomorrow when you get the 1.2 firmware, you will have flash 10.1
Unless you actually know that, please don't make statements like this. Because there's no clear indication anywhere that PR 1.2 will be released tomorrow, much less that it actually includes any Flash updates. You're just setting people up for disappointment.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update