Active Topics

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Reboot. Srsly - this frees space (or at least it did when PR1.2 needed installing).
Linux lets you delete files that are in use, but the space is not actually freed until they stop being used. So I guess what happened is you deleted some apps that were still being used (or hadn't closed properly), so you didn't see the extra space until after you had rebooted.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
A reboot didnt do it either, I even used winscp to manualy strip out a load of un-needed crap, which again made no diffrence what so ever.

At that point i got the arse on, backed everything up and reflash through PC suite!

I have to say i was suprised & happy to see all my data and settings still intact, re-installing all my application from backup as we speak.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
A reboot didnt do it either, I even used winscp to manualy strip out a load of un-needed crap, which again made no diffrence what so ever.

At that point i got the arse on, backed everything up and reflash through PC suite!

I have to say i was suprised & happy to see all my data and settings still intact, re-installing all my application from backup as we speak.

similar here... have removed every app and disabled all repo's 'cept nokia updates and extras.

now on to the nokia suite.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
News its out now just checked in uk

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Hi all I'm new to the N900 and the OS it's running but I'm liking it a lot... !. I was looking around this site a few days ago because I had problems with my email account not updating... only to find so did everyone else. I check out the fix that was listed but couldn't quite get to grips with the linux software and were to put commands and way after much hours spent... I get a update today for maemo 5 and the new firmware is now installed and working well the emails come in instantly.. no probs listed yet... but does anyone know what else has been updated...

Thanks Loz.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
You sir, are an idiot. I quote strongm:
You sir, obviously, don't get sarcasm.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oban, UK
Got update alert and tried to update OTA via app manager but it said to update via OVI suite. So following on from some advice in another thread (I've got the modest patch), in x-term and logged in as root typed:

apt-get install --reinstall modest

It then listed out loads of packages to update, typed in "y" and off it went. Rebooted and my.. it does seem quicker especially mail , even in overclocked state (500-900 MHz, Ideal). Also had to update kernel-power & flasher as described elsewhere.

Nice...now to try out the ovi suite sync....

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Originally Posted by rizbert View Post

Nice...now to try out the ovi suite sync....
I would be interested to know how that goes. I have removed it from my computer and use PC suite to sync calendar. Are there new functions?? In that it actually does something?
thanks

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
You sir, obviously, don't get sarcasm.
Sorry but the correct grammar would be to say 'You, sir, obviously don't get sarcasm.'

Or if you were to insist on putting emphasis on the word 'obviously' you could instead use italics or perhaps wait until the end of your sentence to insult is lack of comprehension.

Such as; 'You, sir, don't get sarcasm, obviously.'

The English language, like everything else in this world, is only worth the effort if you are going to do it properly.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Seems to me the 1.3 update is more dangerous than the previous... oh dear what has Nokia done this time.