Originally Posted by Dany-69 View Post
Mmm... guys how to say rickbox to play all the songs of a directory, but including the subdirectories?
Use the "files" dialog to navigate to the folder and press the right arrow a bit longer. This brings up the context menu, there select "Playlist" and follow the menu to your liking.

Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
you can add the directories you don't want the databse to use, it's something to do with a Nowatch line in a file.

However I can't remember what file or location, which isn't a lot of help to anyone.
Just create an empty file "database.ignore" in the folder you want to be ignored

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Hi,

There's now a wiki page for rockbox:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Rockbox

Hopefully this will help to combine all the infos from this thread

Cheers,
Thomas

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Thomas... but it seems that the program scans the whole system... root included... :/
So i think that there are really too much directories in which put the file..
A reverse procedure could be the best solution.. :/ (A file that indicate the program if the directory has to be seen, not to be ignored..)
Or maybe, for not leaving files around the directories of the whole n900, could be great adding the "watched" directories in a simple text file, with a patch to a directory for every string.
No way to do something?

If this was bash i could help you :/

@Dany-69

I had the same issue so I did as thomas said. I created a datbase.ignore file in root (just open notepad and save an empty file with that name) and a database.unignore file on my music folder. Hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Castillo91 For This Useful Post:
hmm, anyone know how to increase the icon size in the menu? mine are tiny, even after the increase in font size.

Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
I never used the bluetooth stuff before. I guess you can use it to rew/ff a track or change the volume? What else does it allow you to do?

/me wonders how those commands end up on the n900. Maybe on dbus?

Cheers,
Thomas
Yes, it's dbus.

I've got a couple of devices, I can do dbus-monitor dumps if you like. There's skip forward/ back, pause and stop, afaik volume controls the local device.

There's some dumps here in the meantime;

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8283

The Following User Says Thank You to TackyTiger For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Castillo91 View Post
@Dany-69

I had the same issue so I did as thomas said. I created a datbase.ignore file in root (just open notepad and save an empty file with that name) and a database.unignore file on my music folder. Hope that helps
Thanks this works great, does it impact on any other application? i.e is the database.ignore file a generic one used by other apps for example the stock media player or is this specific to Rockbox?

Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
Thanks this works great, does it impact on any other application? i.e is the database.ignore file a generic one used by other apps for example the stock media player or is this specific to Rockbox?
This is rockbox specific and should not affect the stock media player.

btw: I'll test the new bluetooth headset support today, let's see how that works out...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Germany
Bookmarking doesn´t work. can i fix it manually or do i have to wait for the next update. Bookmarking is one of the most important features of rockbox for me.

thank you very much guys

Tags
audiophile, rockbox