Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
after the download is over i cant see any file in root folder.. can u help.. it says unable to replace rootfss.sh.. can anyone help.. tks in advance..

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
@visN900...r u using VMware player and ubuntu 11.04 image...?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Is 600 the maximum DSP rate for n900...coz whenever i set dsp value more than 600, x-terminal shows dsp values at 600 only....???
Anybody ?? thnks

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
First post updated with new instructions. Look at the end of the first post for changelog.

For those who already have followed previous instructions:

You need to execute steps 4 (libgstdsp.so) and 6a or 6b, depending on whether you have Subtitles Support installed or not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I'm not lawyer, but (L)GPL license you allow to distribute program in binary form only if you can provide source code. So any modification to (L)GPL library must be under (L)GPL too.

But I think if this library is under LGPL you can distribute it in binary form patched library and patch source code in LGPL + link to original LGPL library...

But again if that library is LGPL, Nokia *must* provide source code and if not it cannot be under LGPL!

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@pali - yeah, lets say I am delaying source code distribution until Nokia provides source code of the original library(which is LGPL for sure). If someone wants to make an effort and write a sed script I will put it on the first post and will update instructions. What should be changed can easily be understood by comparing original and modified library (only four bytes).

Anyway, if moderators think it is illegal, I will remove modified library immediately.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Athens, Greece
First of all thanks for this great sharing! On subject now, I'm using power kernel with ideal profile and I tried overclocking dsp to 600 before I install the files but got some "media format not supported", "cannot seek" and crashes in both stock and open media player. But I think I found the source of the problem, because after disabling smartreflex for vdd1 I had no problem viewing media files. So I believe that low voltage for high dsp clocks can cause these errors. I tried many values and did a stress test (insane media seeking) with each one, to get my device's max clock for a specific voltage.

I just thought it worthed sharing.

The Following User Says Thank You to cruster For This Useful Post:
patch/changes/modification can be done in more ways... and I think that patch can be written by words too: edit file XYZ, change 16th character from 'c' to 'd', move to next line... But this is for lawyers - if it is correct

@pali - do you mind to contact Felipe Contreras(he is the author) asking for gstreamer0.10-dsp-0.9.0-6+0m6 sources so we can end this LGPL saga and continue?

EDIT:
This is in case you have n950, otherwise we should ask someone else

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Things come to those who wait!
Now it was working, after the twentieth download or so. I bet they were discussing a ban of my IP at nokia-dev server.
Regarding mafw-gst-renderer: To keep your settings you may want to hold that package:
Code:
echo mafw-gst-renderer hold | dpkg --set-selections

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player