no taxes in us import if sent individually and marked as gift.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by kike View Post
I ask today my tax genius about export and she said you don't have to pay me that 23% tax so price will be 699€ -23% + Delivery + your tax % + duty. I ask later to that local seller price drop if you are really interested.

Someone who knows, would tell me USA tax % and duty.
US does not ordinarily charge import tax/duty to individuals for receiving goods from other countries. The buyer may be obligated to pay a Use tax, depending on the value of the item and tax laws in his state, but most people never pay that anyway.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
no taxes in us import if sent individually and marked as gift.
I think customs notice if I send 20 N9 to USA.

US does not ordinarily charge import tax/duty to individuals for receiving goods from other countries. The buyer may be obligated to pay a Use tax, depending on the value of the item and tax laws in his state, but most people never pay that anyway.
Ok, then price will be for N9 64Gb 699€ - 23% + shipping

Last edited by kike; 2011-10-04 at 17:06.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I ask today my tax genius about export and she said you don't have to pay me that 23% tax so price will be 699€ -23% + Delivery + your tax % + duty. I ask later to that local seller price drop if you are really interested.

Someone who knows, would tell me USA tax % and duty.
Matters per state for the taxes, if any - there's no national sales tax, it's different per state - and the duty is based on the declared amount.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
I think customs notice if I send 20 N9 to USA.

Ok, then price will be for N9 64Gb 699€ - 23% + shipping

man...thats $922USD + shipping.

i can get them here for $1024 after tomorrow from an importer already...and if i have some bubblegum and can sit here, chew and wait, should be able to get it for the $750 price in Nov. (dont think ill wait though)

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Apparently the demand in Mexico is picking up. So with it, the price might even go up and now my connect is unsure of even being able to get one for me, let alone multiples. Damn it.

I've gotta let this one play out guys.
Gerbick

who is selling them in Mexico? telcel? i wonder if they will be branded in mexcio?

i really would like a non-branded device. found out that even in finland, the phone has no logos on it, except that when you turn it on, it is customized to the carrier! BOOOO!

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Matters per state for the taxes, if any - there's no national sales tax, it's different per state - and the duty is based on the declared amount.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK only CA, FL and MA have sales tax?

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
man...thats $922USD + shipping.

i can get them here for $1024 after tomorrow from an importer already...and if i have some bubblegum and can sit here, chew and wait, should be able to get it for the $750 price in Nov. (dont think ill wait though)
Man that is 922 USD - 23% + shipping and it is actually closer 750$

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
So I was wondering. What happens after all the 92k N9s are sold?
Some possibilities:

1)It actually turns out to be true. Due to immense interest in N9, Nokia decides to sell a HWKB version...

2) There is a semi-global N9 party --invitation only that appears in N9 mail inbox

3)A software bug placed by Elop bricks all N9s. Turns out its not covered by warranty, but, Nokia, in a gesture of kindness offers to replace with their new windows phone...

4)Swipe gets boring after awhile and everyone returns to starting apps from xterm...

Feel free to suggest some other possibilites

Last edited by mscion; 2011-10-05 at 13:33.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm making an independent Mexico inquiry. I'll post here when/if I find out anything.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop