Active Topics

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Pune, India
Just observed Nokia N9 on Nokia India site, with flash content disabled.

http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/my-next-nokia

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
We could only hope that Engadget didn't exist. That page is full of plonkers.

slaapliedje
Phatassed pink plonkers to be correct

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is most boring waiting thread i ever been in...boring.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
There's a lot of reviews out there now. In a nutshell the E6 is in every way like a blend of a swiss army knife and a swiss watch.

It has EDoF. No macro. Anna rox, the best symbian ever. Same functionality and power as before, only faster and smoother. The default browser is OK nothing more, but the new Opera for Anna is excellent, probably the best browser ever produced on any device. I only use Opera. Pics can be sent to any service you have configured, havent tried it yet though. Multitasking is at least as good as the N900.

I havent missed the N900 a single minute, not yet. The keyboard on the E6 is better, it got a dpad, pinch to zoom, much better browser (Opera, the default one needs further improvements). The phone functionality is light years ahead of the N900. It is generally faster and more snappy than the N900. Besides, I get more than enough of linux trying to get that slow whale of an os called MeeGo running on the N900 in anything but snail speed.

In short the E6 rox, it really does.
I would mind buy that phone as nongeekphone but why the **** didnt they include nfc the c7 who is older has it just another example how stupid thinks nokia seems to do all the time. to me it seems they dont want to wn the fight even in midrange.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That's right folks they wont sell phones. They want to build phones. But not sell them. Why do you think they closed down nokia store...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by steveburczymucha View Post
Frankly speaking I think that's the matter of proper marketing activities. Just look at the iphone case. Or droids. And general perception. Regular Joe visits engadged, arstechnica before buy and when he sees that it is innovative product then goes for it...

I doubt that Regular Joe has ever even heard of Arstechnica.com. He propably associates the name to a better than average anal sex website with really limber models and fancy toys.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I would mind buy that phone as nongeekphone but why the **** didnt they include nfc the c7 who is older has it just another example how stupid thinks nokia seems to do all the time. to me it seems they dont want to wn the fight even in midrange.
Nokia is used to competing with itself. Every single phone from Nokia is a compromise of adding/not adding features so that the particular model does not compete too much with another model. When you rule the world, this is all fine, but the world has changed, Nokia has not. They are still competing with themselves (WP vs MeeGo, N8 vs E7 vs E6 vs C7) when thy should compete with Samsung, Apple, LG, ZTE, Huawei, SE, HTC and so on. It is amazing really, even now they still don't get it, they simply refuse to accept that they have to change attitude and product release philosophy.

Having said that, the E6 is superb, believe me. nfc is a white elephant at least until 2015-2016. Today it can be used to turn on bt load speakers - so what. EDoF is not that bad, the general picture quality is excellent, but macro suffers, but it's still doable. The screen is excellent, the keyboard is the best there is and so on. It is packed with functionality. There is nothing out there that can match the overall usability except the N950, but that one is not available as we all know. Maybe this shows the sad state of phones right now, rather than the excellence of the E6, but that doesn't really matter.

If you can live without a Linux kernel, the E6 is definitely a step up from the N900.

On a side note, I've had enough of the snailish MeeGo for now. I have to try the community SS or whatever it's called just to see if that is equally overhyped.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Nokia N9 will be supported for "YEARS!"

to good to be true?

https://twitter.com/klasstrom/status/88305439988662272

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
Nokia N9 will be supported for "YEARS!"

to good to be true?

https://twitter.com/klasstrom/status/88305439988662272
Well that is good news, he is a Product manager. Lets hope its true.

Support is one thing. SUPPORT is another thing.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????