Sweet -- I'm glad you are ready to go. Sorry about that.

I must have did those steps a million times (felt that way) and reverted. Run through fix a bug, revert. Apparently I forgot in all the confusion to mark one of the fixed scripts as executable. And of course it is the key script that runs first, so it can't repair itself. Any other scripts I could repair remotely. Blah, what a pita.

Nathan.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Okay looks like scratchbox installed, but on step 3 I get:

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
An error 1 has occured, please run this script again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Just Re-run the script. Typically that means that the repository servers overloaded with connections and dropped your connection.

That error is to let you know that the it didn't complete so that you can re-run the binaries step again.

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Thanks dude, will do!

Okay, looks like everything installed... but I don't see anything when I open Xephyr. I think I'll just stick to flash *sigh.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Okay, looks like everything installed... but I don't see anything when I open Xephyr. I think I'll just stick to flash *sigh.
Just opening Xephyr will show you a blank (or gray) screen. This is just where the screen will be shown. This will act like the device once you "start" the device.

Next you have to open scratchbox (the device emulator), and run "./start.sh" (or follow the other maemo development wiki instructions).

Nathan.
P.S. ./start.sh or ./stop.sh are just wrapper scripts of mine that run the af init scripts in proper sequence. I hate typing more than I need to; but if you are following the wiki to do development they will reference some init script.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Nathan, I can't thank you enough dude. I started gathering some resources to build some test apps, but I noticed when I ran ./start.sh, I get a bunch of warnings, messages and criticals in scratchbox.

i.e. GLIB MESSAGE Tracker - Tracker couldn't read stopword...

or
GLIB CRITICAL Tracker - could not open directory "file:///home/maemo/MyDocs/.camera':No such file or directory exists

or
GLIB CRITICAL Tracker COuld not initialize the HAL context, no error, is hald running?

Are these normal, I tried googling, to no avail though.

Thanks again dude.

Also, I the shortcuts won't launch the browser and I can't download apps...

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Nathan, I can't thank you enough dude. I started gathering some resources to build some test apps, but I noticed when I ran ./start.sh, I get a bunch of warnings, messages and criticals in scratchbox.
It is probably this you are seeing (known issues in the sdk):
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ues_in_the_SDK

I get a bunch of warnings etc as well. Just have to live with them.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Also, I the shortcuts won't launch the browser and I can't download apps...
other people are having the same issues. probably a limitation of the SDK.

Tags
development, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, programming, sdk, virtual machine, virtualpc, windows, windows 7