Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Originally Posted by skynetos
someone call nokia and find out whats going on! I'm at work and cant call!
I called. Same story. "Still back ordered for at least two weeks...no updates from the vendor/warehousing location....please be patient...anything else I can assist you with...yada, yada."

After a weekend of mild disappointment, I'm reconciled to be okay with that and will just be surprised if they release them any earlier than Dec 14th. As stated in some of the previous posts, Nokia is certainly trying and making progress and if they deliver only 2.5 months after their original planned release date of Sept 30th, they're meeting their release expectations better than most other large software companies these days. Besides, I got a lot more work around the house/yard completed this past weekend given I didn't have new toys to divert my attentions and responsibilities.

Robert

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Oakland, Ca
After telling me an order arrived on Friday (11/18), and most backorders would be sent out in the next few days, Nokia is back to saying that orders would be sent out on 12/14. Possibly Cheney is a major share holder ?

Originally Posted by skase
Spoke with Nokia today. It sounds like the "motherload" has arrived. The rep stated he expects anyone that has an order will get it this week(even the Dec 14 date orders).

After reading many reviews(thanks WADDELL for the review) , the 770 seems to be better for muiltmedia . Since this will be a part time replacement for my laptop, having better res , larger screen and better multitasking capibilities is important. The open source will provide just about any application that is needed. The $50.00 OFF code puts this close to the $300.00 price range. Circuit City has a tempting offer today for the Palm X (249.00) Web Special in store pick . (Best Buy will Match).
What happened to the Motherload?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Internet_Cafe_W3
This is so whack, Called first thing this morning Nov. 21, 2005
This new rep say's that they have received the first shipment and that they are processing the orders but NONE have been shipped. I was told that they will be shipped in December. Someone else call them and post what they tell you. Damn I was hoping based on calls during and prior to this weekend atleast some of us would get them sent to us today! I even made them tell me an estimate of where I was in the Queue line last friday. They estimated since I beat the /.'ers that I was around 300-ish how they come to these figures or this so called "Motherload" which btw a motherload is not 600 units! ohh and they don't even know where they are comming from, I have never heard one rep say as to if it's Finland, or Germany? let's just keep on the phones and play this like the mystery it has become.

If Cheney was a shareholder, we'd have them, as he, and any other shareholder, expects sales/profits for their investments.

Well, I called to see if they could tell me where my order was on the waiting list. This particular rep didn't know but when I asked about availability, she said December 1st. I think that may be a new response to add to the ever growing list of responses Nokia reps are giving out about the 770. Round and round we go....

Jeff

The only possibility is that they are making units for adsl-operators right now and Nokia has underestimated the demand of this device (without subsidizing)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Swansea,MA USA
I've gotthe same information as all of you. December 1st is the new shipdate. That's ok. I am getting my Nokia 770 development environment together!

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Oakland, Ca
Both Cheney and Bush talk on bothsides of their mouth.

I certainly wouldn't try to discourage anyone from looking for a substitute at this point if they feel the need to buy something right away. For example, Tivo2Go is adding support for the ipod w/ video, so for people who mostly want to watch tv on the go, why not just get one of those instead?

For me, there really isn't another option. I have specific applications in mind for which the 770 is the only thing which will available anytime soon which will suit my needs. I just hope that this isn't going to turn out to be a case of "wanting is better than having".