Notices

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry for bringing a thread back from the dead, but are there any plans for a version of this for Maemo 5?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm going to bump this thread again, because this app was a perfect companion for Easy Debian on the tablets, and there's nothing like it for Maemo 5 that I'm aware of.

If pipeline is gone, and nobody else wants to make this happen, I'll probably take over this app and port it myself to Maemo 5. That is, if mime types and associating applications work the same way in Maemo 5 as it did in OS2008.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I'm going to bump this thread again, because this app was a perfect companion for Easy Debian on the tablets, and there's nothing like it for Maemo 5 that I'm aware of.

If pipeline is gone, and nobody else wants to make this happen, I'll probably take over this app and port it myself to Maemo 5. That is, if mime types and associating applications work the same way in Maemo 5 as it did in OS2008.
This is a great app! I really would love to assign any other media player instead of the default one.. So porting it to Maemo 5 would greatly appreciated.. I would love to test and report back if someone does port it to Maemo 5..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Also Evince is the perfect candidate to open pdf files instead of the very limited stock pdf reader. Let's see what happens...

EDIT: I tried to install the Diablo version - it needed python-glade2 to show the gui. But it didn't do its job, at least with a pdf file called by the file manager.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-04-27 at 05:41.

the file you want to edit for the n900 is /etc/gnome/defaults.list

this is the mime types file, and it is different from n800

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ear0wax For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Some discoveries I've made:
- The file manager passes the file name inside square brackets and single quotes. Once I fixed this and chose "dbus-switchboard" from the list of apps that popped up, I was able to load OpenOffice.org to display a document.
- The e-mail client doesn't let you choose an app like in the File Manager, and anyway, I don't want to choose even on the file manager, I want dbus-switchboard to take over all of the file types automatically.

So, now I can look at that gnome file... Thanks ear0wax.

UPDATE: That file doesn't seem to matter.

Last edited by qole; 2010-06-04 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Please bring this program to Fremantle if you can, it is sorely needed!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
+1 for that

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
+2 for that

+3 for that