Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
If Whatsapp come to know of this clone can they shut us out of their servers?
Once there is a working framework, we can tweak or insert fuzz codes to make detection harder if not impossible.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
First of all, tgalal and other devs working on this, thanks a lot for your effort, great job!

Maybe I am a bit naive here, but has ever someone asked Whatsapp Inc. if they are interested in a cooperation?
I assume the only reason why there is no official app is that they think it is not worth the effort creating a Harmattan client.
If someone (e.g. one of the devs working on this port) would offer them to develop a client for them more or less for free, why would they decline this offer?
Wouldnīt this be a win-win situation?
Whatsapp would be present on another mobile platform and get more users, the devs would get all relevant information without reverse engineering and the community would get Whatsapp...

(ok, I understand the devs here might like the challenge to do it without the official support, but in the end, isnīt a full featured, nice and reliable app what we all want most? )

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
First of all, tgalal and other devs working on this, thanks a lot for your effort, great job!

Maybe I am a bit naive here, but has ever someone asked Whatsapp Inc. if they are interested in a cooperation?
I assume the only reason why there is no official app is that they think it is not worth the effort creating a Harmattan client.
If someone (e.g. one of the devs working on this port) would offer them to develop a client for them more or less for free, why would they decline this offer?
Wouldnīt this be a win-win situation?
Whatsapp would be present on another mobile platform and get more users, the devs would get all relevant information without reverse engineering and the community would get Whatsapp...

(ok, I understand the devs here might like the challenge to do it without the official support, but in the end, isnīt a full featured, nice and reliable app what we all want most? )
see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=10:

Originally Posted by futtawuh View Post
Ohwell, I asked about who the felt about porting whatsapp to Maemo5, this is what i got back from them.

"Sorry, your device maemo is currently not supported and we have no plans to support it at this time. We currently only support iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Symbian devices."

Kind regards,
Futtawuh

Well, this inquiry is from more than one year ago and it is regarding Maemo, not the more popular Harmattan.

And, even more important, it is, as far as I can see, not about the question if they are interested in cooperating with devs doing the development work form them...

QNeptunea -

Well, this inquiry is from more than one year ago and it is regarding Maemo, not the more popular Harmattan.

And, even more important, it is, as far as I can see, not about the question if they are interested in cooperating with devs doing the development work form them...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Offici...18292841516960

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:

I E-mailed them that day and I got the exact same reply from them they are totally not interested in making an N9 version which I really couldn't understand.

Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
I E-mailed them that day and I got the exact same reply from them they are totally not interested in making an N9 version which I really couldn't understand.
Did you ask if they will release a N9 version or did you ask if they are interested in a cooperation with community devs?

From a business perspective, I think there are reasons that make it totally understandable why they don't create an app for N9 themselves.
But I don't see why they would reject an offer where they would get an app more or less for free (unless there are political games going on I don't know of).

QNeptunea -

i mentioned cooperating with them and they sent me the exact same replay, the thing is that they seem to have a specific reply to any thing regarding the n9 as they replied me with the exact same text mentioned above more than one time with several different questions. It could be just an auto reply of some sort.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Did you ask if they will release a N9 version or did you ask if they are interested in a cooperation with community devs?

From a business perspective, I think there are reasons that make it totally understandable why they don't create an app for N9 themselves.
But I don't see why they would reject an offer where they would get an app more or less for free (unless there are political games going on I don't know of).
The question is why would a developer offer them an app that he created, for free.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
will you push it to store@@?

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls