Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That would be great. They do have to step up and say: Meego is the ****! we are behind it even after a few beers, a bottle of wine and some champagne we still think its the best. Happy new year!

I want to see videos, papers, intervjus, blogs, poeple running around city center with a meego sticker on the forehead... I dont want to tell all my friends and family about it. They SHALL know about it! But a year from now. Im pretty sure we are in the same boat and no support and no information

nokia left the meego ship and running android and/or Win 7.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
It needn't be quite so frequent, but when was the last time Nokia has said they were committed to Meego? Did they affirm their commitment to it at the recent Meego conference? If they did, I guess that is recent enough, but Nokia have not too long ago got a new CEO, and it is quite likely this new CEO will want to change things and set a new direction, so it would be good for some reassurance from Nokia, this is important so devs wanting to work on Meego know it has a future. Now it could be that since the new CEO took over they are still evaluating their options for the future and haven't decided one way or the other, that would be a valid reason not to announce one way or the other because they don't want to backtrack on what they have said, but it still causes uncertainty for Meego devs.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Dont blame eldar. Dont hate the player, hate the game. I think we should have more leaks. Often, I don't care if the leak is real or not. Since noone here have any good information and all poeple just assume. If we removed all the things that builds on fake or no intel at all. We might have around one post per hour if we are lucky.
In the absence of official communication from Nokia, any rumors and hearsays would be treated like gold by the community (or something slightly more valuable than spam).

I think this is a huge missed opportunity by Nokia.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Don't know about you, but for me a coomunique from Nokia wouldn't carry much weight. Frankly, they've been behind other projects too until they weren't. The only thing that would make me actually believe them is a product announcement. That's the only thing they stuck to thus far.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia making WIndows phone is the rumour that cried wolf three times, or actually at least dozen times.

It's not going to happen. Get over it.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Nokia making WIndows phone is the rumour that cried wolf three times, or actually at least dozen times.

It's not going to happen. Get over it.
I am sorry but you are wrong, it will happen...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I am sorry but yuou are wrong it will happen...
You got anything besides a single tweet from russia backing that up?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I am sorry but you are wrong, it will happen...
I'm not disputing what you're saying... but allow me to say this.

It happens, I'll buy it. You have my word.

I'm drunk and about to head out for a new years party, but I'll write this drunken note before I'll go and get even more drunk:

Eldar's sources have allways been footsoldiers. He's good at leaking commercial products couple of months before release. He gets gadgets from russian engineers doing russian localization few months before release. He has never ever leaked any strategic corporate decisions. You didn't hear from him Nokia buying Symbian, doing Meego with Intel, Apple going mobile, Motorola doing Android, Sony Ericsson dropping Symbian. I could keep going, but the point is that Nokia going Microsoft is way over Eldar's sources capabilities.

Nokia got out of computers when computers came to mean generic Wintel boxes. Jorma Ollila has spent last decade stopping the 'Microsofication' of mobile world. That is the reason why Symbian even exist. There's no way in hell Nokia will do Windows phone as long as he is Chairman of Nokia's board.

There are reports about WP7 selling about 1,5 million in first 6 weeks and N8 selling 4 million in first 8 weeks. So one Nokia model is outselling all WP7 phones from all WP7 manufacturers. There is absolutely nothing to gain, and Nokia would lose control of both software and hardware to Microsoft. Just check out how MS controls WP7 hardware. If Nokia was to fly the white flag, it would adapt Android which would at least leave it hardware control. It's not going to happen.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It happens, I'll buy it.
It won't happen, but if it would happen I might buy it. Same way that I might buy Dell, HP or whatever Wintel computer. But I would l never ever buy anything because it is a Nokia product. Only because it would be for the moment be better priced, on sale or for short duration with better specs than any other generic stuff on market.

Okay, I'll get even more drunk and leave making conjectures from rumours to sober people.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
armageddon, circle jerk, going down, horoscope, internet eldars, mental jerk off, nokia of borg, phone different, rumors, unfounded