I've just noticed there is an update available for maemo in the application manager. Unfortunately, it states that this update has to be performed via the PC suite. The phone also states that there are problems due to application packages missing:
obexd (0.18) and libopenobex1 (1.4)

Ever since I upgraded to PBAP I have been unable to use PC suite via the USB cable and therfore cannot perform the update. I therefore thought I would downgrade to the above files and then upgrade again.

I am unable to downgrade successfully...

Basically, i have done what it says in post #70, opened x terminal at root and typed:
apt-get install libopenobex1=1.4-0maemo3+m5
apt-get install obexd=0.18-0maemo5+0m5

one after another, and at the same time, but I get errors:

'Reading package lits... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '1.4-0maemo3+m5' for libopenobex1' was not found'

And similar for the other file.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi everybody,
Impressive Drdrewusaf!!! This worked!!!
I followed the 4 first steps and my phonebook is in the car!
I have an Audi A3 from 2010, with MMI and bluetooth preparation.
Just a little thing, the contacts are copied in the section "annuaire" (in french) but not in the "carnet d'adresse" (= phone book or adress book).
I'm just asking myself if there's a way to move those contacts in the phonebook of the car, but that's not so important!

I'm really impressed by what you're all able to do together, and I want to thank you all for that! (Incredible that the Nokia team could't make it!)
Ben

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Bennyz View Post
Hi everybody,
Impressive Drdrewusaf!!! This worked!!!
I followed the 4 first steps and my phonebook is in the car!
I have an Audi A3 from 2010, with MMI and bluetooth preparation.
Just a little thing, the contacts are copied in the section "annuaire" (in french) but not in the "carnet d'adresse" (= phone book or adress book).
I'm just asking myself if there's a way to move those contacts in the phonebook of the car, but that's not so important!

I'm really impressed by what you're all able to do together, and I want to thank you all for that! (Incredible that the Nokia team could't make it!)
Ben
I tired it on my A6 without any joy. I do however have the Dension 500 bluetooth setup rather than the Audi module. On the N900 when I check the device bluetooth services it does not show PBAP.... does yours?

Last edited by crsnwby; 2010-07-11 at 23:39.

I just stumbled upon a thread where someone had a problem with his headset not being detected anymore. Someone suggested that the problem could be caused by "pc connectivity manager", which comments out the line "DisablePlugins = network,input,hal" in the file /etc/bluetooth/main.conf.

Since I also have pc connectivity manager installed, I will try if uncommenting this line is a solution for me later today. Will let you guys know how it works out.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wuppertal, Germany
Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
I tired it on my A6 without any joy. I do however have the Dension 500 bluetooth setup rather than the Audi module. On the N900 when I check the device bluetooth services it does not show PBAP.... does yours?
Same for me. Tried the patched OBEXT with an older A6 model (2006)
and could not see any attempt to access PBAP in the hcidump.
The MMI car kit seems to be limited to the headset/handsfree profile.
In the hcidump file I noticed the "at+cpbs=?" command was used to get
a list of available address books (which is not supported by bluez).

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Landstuhl, Germany
Jarmo - It looks like, from the phone's side, that the transfer completes correctly. Unfortunately your head unit isn't reporting any errors. It would seem that your head unit can understand snippets, but not all of the info. I would suggest trying removing all your contacts and building them one by one from scratch using a single phone number per entry (and make sure they are all the same type of number as well, i.e. only use the home phone field). If it transmits more than 5, keep going to 10. If all 10 make it across, stop adding number and start adding more info to the entries already made... This might help in finding what your head unit it tripping up on since we can't get any errors out of it.

Jubr - Can you re-up your hcidump in it's original form (don't use the -r switch)? I know it's not human-readable text, but Wireshark can read/format it and make it easier to get through so many packets.

Browncaravan - You found yet another typo in my instructions. The actual package you are trying to install/downgrade to is 1.4-0maemo3+0m5 (there's a second zero in there). I have fixed it in both posts with removal instructions.

Bennyz - Give it a few more tries, it should eventually send the entries to the correct directory. You can also try rebooting the phone. Finally, if your MMI is an RNS-E, give the car a rest for a while (meaning, reboot the phone and wait until morning to try again...the RNS-E is finicky...)

ALL: There's an update to OBEXD (v0.29) which seems to have a lot of changes in it. I will be building from source tonight and testing...If the new version is still successful, I will upload the resulting binary as always.

Drew

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drdrewusaf For This Useful Post:
drdrewusaf - Thanks for your help again.

I've tried your new instructions and still not having much luck. Here are my various attempts and their results:

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # apt-get install libopenobex1=1.4-0maemo3+0m5 apt-get install obexd=0.18-0maemo5+0m5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Version '1.4-0maemo3+0m5' for 'libopenobex1' was not found
(ABOVE - BOTH AT THE SAME TIME)

/home/user # apt-get install libopenobex1=1.4-0maemo3+0m5 Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Version '1.4-0maemo3+0m5' for 'libopenobex1' was not found

/home/user # apt-get install libopenobex1=1.4-0maemo3+0m5 Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-205-pr: Depends: obexd (= 0.18-0maemo5+0m5) but 0.28-0maemo3 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

/home/user # apt-get install obexd=0.18-0maemo5+0m5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-205-pr: Depends: libopenobex1 (= 1.4-0maemo3+0m5) but 1.5-2 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
/home/user #

Also, any idea why I get two phonebook entries turn up in my car? It seems that no-one else has mentioned this issue.

Thanks again - most helpful.

Originally Posted by browncaravan View Post
I've just noticed there is an update available for maemo in the application manager. Unfortunately, it states that this update has to be performed via the PC suite. ...
I noticed the same update. As the description is exactly the same as the PR1.2 update and the size is 0KB, I'm assuming that this update is erroneous because of the messing around with obex, etc.

I don't think there really is an update to Maemo.

Originally Posted by tthibodeau View Post
I noticed the same update. As the description is exactly the same as the PR1.2 update and the size is 0KB, I'm assuming that this update is erroneous because of the messing around with obex, etc.

I don't think there really is an update to Maemo.
Well that's what I'm not sure about, because the update mentions portrait browsing, internet video calling and more. My N900 do portrait browsing, so maybe this new update sorts that? Who knows. I can't find out at the minute as I can't get the PC Suite sorted. We'll see.

Cheers

As requested, my unparsed hci dump...
Attached Files
File Type: gz hcidump.tar.gz (7.3 KB, 98 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Jubr For This Useful Post: