thanks,

it did installed but I think I will switch back to maemo for time being as it is still to have many features... was a bit slow for my device...and was not able to call...

I tried to write the meego 1.1 image onto my micro SD 32 GB card using the win32 disk imager but was unsuccessful. it was throwing the error "An error occurred while attempting to write data from handle error 8"...i tried many times but got the same message. I also formatted my micro SD card in my N900 using the file manager and then tried using disk imager, but received the same error. I am able to use the micro SD card in my phone without any issues. My PC has windows 7 home basic edition.

I also checked out the diskimager site for this bug and i saw one user posted that if file name contains "-", it will produce error 8... i also renamed the image without any "-" and but no use. Can you please help me to install meego image onto my micro sd card? thanks for your help in advance.

ok this is what i tried just now.... i connected my n900 to my pc using mass storage mode and in windows explorer, it listed the N900 drive(built in) and removeable disk (16 G micro SD card) as another drive. I just copied the latest meego-handset-armv7l-n900-final-mod-1.1.0.0.20101101.3-mmcblk0p.raw file to the micro SD card through the explorer copy menu.

Then I installed Uboot PR1.3 in my N900 that is supposed to boot the meego automatically from micro SD card upon switching off and for some reason it booted to maemo only.

I am not sure if the windows copy is the right way to copy the raw image to the micro sd instead of using disk imager as mentioned in many sites. One thing I noticed that in explorer, the micro SD card file system is FAT32. Last time I formatted the micro SD card in my N900 using File manager, so I guess that is fine.

Can you tell me where is the issue here ? and what I need to do to boot to meego.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Mexico
Yo lo logre con P.R 1.3 y con U-boot. Sin flasher

A alguien le interesa???

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
english please?

I have installed uboot after multiboot. when you break uboot booting process into uboot prompt, and type "run noloboot" with the keyboard slide open.. multiboot menu will appear. But... Once you select menu other than os that used maemo's kernel ... uboot kernel will be overwrited by OS you've choosed, and finaly uboot program needs to be reinstalled to make it works.

Tags
facepalm