Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I'd still like to see a full SyncML implementation, _at_least_ for syncing contacts and calendar to SyncML servers/services out on the internet. GooSync for Google contacts and calendar, and Oracle Calendar for work calendar data are the servers/services that are particularly important to me.
+1 on that. Including either multiple calendars or multiple categories, whichever apply.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/n900gamepad.jpg/

this!! its ruff but!!

no multi touch screen means you need one!!

games to play!!

The Following User Says Thank You to farmski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by farmski View Post

this!! its ruff but!!

games to play!!
yes because games are so much fun to play on a multitouch screen especially a first person shooter. One of those would be nice though, but a paired wiimote or ps3 controller would work a whole lot easier.
(both are pretty easy to do, I know the wii controller pairing program has been ported already.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by farmski View Post

this!! its ruff but!!

games to play!!
+1 Simple and beautiful!

}:^)~

Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
+1 on that. Including either multiple calendars or multiple categories, whichever apply.
Ability to sync using goosync would be awesome indeed. Then I don't have to worry about Nokia implementing it. Just SyncML over http.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
+1 Simple and beautiful!

I too wish someone would create a pad like this. It could probably work in two pieces that clip onto the left and right side, so that you can still operate the touchscreen and more quickly remove it if you suddenly get a phone call.

The Wiimote is good, but only if you are sat down at a desk to prop the N900 with the kickstand. This however would turn it into a full handheld games system, and one a lot more comfortable than the PSP or DS I suspect as its an ergonomic pad shape (which those handhelds sadly are not).

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I agree re: the clilp on gamepad. In fact, if it was made so that it was flush with the surface of the N900, then you wouldn't necessarily have to remove it to quickly take a phone call. It may look a bit odd, but you'd be able to hold the device to your head and speak, mid-game.

I'd like to see this for the emulators and gaming-on-demand services that are popping up. With a proper controller attachment, the N900 would truly be a portable gaming system.

This needn't be an N900 specific device. The makers could easily expand their market reach by making it generic as many smart phones tend to have very similar proportions.

I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by TokoUnion View Post
E65 is not too bad, but its PVC skin layer is of POOR durability!
Peel off easily! Rather unstable. Sliding also poor strength and hang easily. That's about my E65.
you were unlucky. I had an E65 and once I got past the initial firmware release it was stable, it's still working well and I bought a 2nd one for my wife. I just sold my E65, yes, it was peeling slightly but that's after nearly three years, and got an E71.

my complaint about nokia is that the initial firmware releases are buggy AND they don't make enough of an effort to ensure the buyer knows to update firmware when you get it. the tablet does, surely they could have put a simple app on it which simply says "there's a new firmware update, please connect to your computer and run ~~~~". I've met very few people with nokia smartphones who are aware of the need to update, and when I've helped them they are usually far happier with their device afterwards!

part of the problem is the customer. we are all impatient for the latest device, hanging on every rumour, threatening to buy a competitor's product like a spoiled child if we don't get it soon. then, if it's not perfect and needs an update we whine again. and yes, I must admit, I am a bit like that. However, with the n900 I am holding out, firstly for better prices and secondly for stability and apps to be ported.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by nomadcoder View Post
Ability to sync using goosync would be awesome indeed. Then I don't have to worry about Nokia implementing it. Just SyncML over http.
goosync is no longer free. in theory Ovi offers sync services. maybe we'll get some hot sync lovin'?

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
goosync is no longer free. in theory Ovi offers sync services. maybe we'll get some hot sync lovin'?
Will Ovi's services support Mac and Ubuntu desktops? and sync with Gmail Contacts and Calendar?

If not, then there's no value to them (for me).

Tags
dpads are fun, ideas, n900, n900 wishlist, revenge of the styli, stuff for nokia to read, the wrath of sty, wishlist