Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
probably a good idea to have.

an immediate expedient would be to restore all of them, smsbackuprestore backup, delete all, smsbackuprestre restore the ones you want.
A good idea yes, but I have not one been able to get the smsbackup to sucessfully run without the libcommhistory bug surfacing. Hence the Nokia method. The csv formats are actually pretty similar so shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Thank you very much wwwjfy, wolke, corsac, others!

I tried the smsbackuprestore v0.4 and I get a lot of errors like this one:
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: engine.cpp:1591: Not cleaning up obsolete resources for nao:hasTag property since the property's range is too generic (rdfs:Resource).
On first run however I succesfully gotten my .csv file, 538 kB large, opening it in Libre Office reveals it has over 6000 lines (messages).

However, running it again now I also encounter this bug, and the program produces only smaller output file:
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: queue.cpp.104: The task queue's background thread stalled
Do you think I can assume my first backup safe and complete, as long as it was uninterrupted by the commhistory bug?

Originally Posted by bng View Post
Thank you very much wwwjfy, wolke, corsac, others!

I tried the smsbackuprestore v0.4 and I get a lot of errors like this one:
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: engine.cpp:1591: Not cleaning up obsolete resources for nao:hasTag property since the property's range is too generic (rdfs:Resource).
On first run however I succesfully gotten my .csv file, 538 kB large, opening it in Libre Office reveals it has over 6000 lines (messages).

However, running it again now I also encounter this bug, and the program produces only smaller output file:
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: queue.cpp.104: The task queue's background thread stalled
Do you think I can assume my first backup safe and complete, as long as it was uninterrupted by the commhistory bug?
{just so you know, that is a bug in libqtcontacts, and not in smsbackuprestore}

yea that bug happens sometimes even now, even though smsbackuprestore has changed how it works to avoid hitting that bug as often.

if you didnt get it the first time, and you think 6000 is about right, then you have no reason to suspect it didnt go perfectly.

I know it is a bug in smsbackuprestore - I've read through this thread

if you didnt get it the first time, and you think 6000 is about right, then you have no reason to suspect it didnt go perfectly.
perfect!

Do I have a backup of everything after copying the whole /home/user (except unreadable ~/.calendar for example) + using the settings/backup + exporting with smsbackuprestore & callbackuprestore?

absolutely not. run the backup app to get a reasonable proximity of 'everything'. {again, theres a small chance you might want to use my backup soln}

if by everything, you just mean SMS and call log, then you have it just from sms/call and copying the resulting two files. if you want sms/call/contacts, use the vcardexporter as well and copy the 3 resulting files.

if by everything, you just mean SMS and call log, then you have it just from sms/call and copying the resulting two files. if you want sms/call/contacts, use the vcardexporter as well and copy the 3 resulting files.
vcardexporter is accessible through the Contacts GUI, right? I forgot about that, thank you for the tip!

absolutely not. run the backup app to get a reasonable proximity of 'everything'. {again, theres a small chance you might want to use my backup soln}
Yes, of course, I used the app from the Settings menu.

As for your sophisticated solution, it would certainly be very useful if for nothing else then for learning Linux, but I need to reflash my phone first. BTW do you run the scripts/programs directly on N9 (using cron or something) or is it initiated by a computer which connects to the phone through SSH?

so i use cron on my LAPTOP to fire off the call at 5am. my laptop then ssh's to my phone over usb/wifi/bluetooth, establishes a connection, and runs the backup.

i use something called ipmagic to make connecting to my phone easy. i just run "n9 -s" in a terminal and it figures out the best way to ssh and does it.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I get a bunch of errors when trying to do a backup (the same one spammed and after several minutes, I still cannot enter commands in the terminal, have to abort with Ctrl+C). It says:
Code:
libqtcontacts-tracker: queue.ccp:104: The task queue's background thread stalled
I've checked the .csv file just in case the errors were not important, but it's 0 b in size.

Any idea? I'm trying to backup because my /home memory is probably beyond the 5% free space required, I can't send or receive mms anymore due to "insufficient space" (rough translation from the French).

In case it is relevant, I tried to backup using Nokia Suite too, but I get an error after several minutes of process and not any message is synchronized. I saw in the comments in Beta Labs that people have experienced the same issue, but no fix has been posted. I tried both Bluetooth and USB like others before me. Contact sync does work so it is likely not a simple connection problem. Noteworthy, when connected, Nokia Suite can show the messages currently in the N9, but it shows none after August 16th 2013, either in received on sent sms, which is nonsense because I have plenty of more recent messages when I browse my conversations directly on the N9.

Any help would be very welcome, it kind of sucks receiving mms that can't be opened.

this is the same bug that everyone gets occasionally. rerun it repeatedly {killing it immediately at the first error, it can never recover}

HOWEVER, you should note that MMS arent stored here. they are stored in /home/user/.mms/msg

copy that dir off your phone, and you will have an archival backup of your mms. make sure theyre all alive on your computer, and then remove the contents of that dir.

but if you want advice on what to do to clear up ~, run these commands FIRST and post their output:
df -h /home/user
du -hs /home/user/.mms/msg
du -s /home/user/.??* | sort -g
du -s /home/user/* | sort -g