Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I can't remember saying that or why it would apply here as you're only reading the tar archive from the memory card - permisssion denied suggests you don't have permission to write the content of the archive to the root partition.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
I don't remember where I read it, but it was posted in this thread. I moved the tar file to Documents but I couldn't change to that directory with cd /Documents....not found. At first it was in the download directory on my memory card and I moved it. The details of the file manager don't exactly tell you the exact file location as in Ubuntu(ex home/roy/Documents). Documents directory is listed under Nokia 770 and I know spaces are not allowed. How do I change to the Documents directory?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I can't remember saying that or why it would apply here as you're only reading the tar archive from the memory card - permisssion denied suggests you don't have permission to write the content of the archive to the root partition.
I tried it again and apparently I was not root....it says enable RD mode if you want to break the Nokia 770. Now my question is how do I enable RD???

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Documents directory:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents
Enabling R&D mode is well covered on the forum, a quick search should provide the details required.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
So what's the deal with the /etc2, /var2, and /var3 directories? Can they be nuked?

-J

many thanks the all mightly hacker who create 2007 version for nokia 770...i install it..its so awesome and cool..thanks

Just received my 770 today. Where do I find the new OS hacker version to download? Thanks.
Ted

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by tmg01 View Post
Just received my 770 today. Where do I find the new OS hacker version to download?
Try tablets-dev.nokia.com.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kosmic View Post
I will try to put together a little how-to this weekend.

Kos
Kosmic, you know a way to extract he2008 jffs2 and make a tar of it to be located on a MMc on a 770. Could you give me instructions on how to do that?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
Kosmic, you know a way to extract he2008 jffs2 and make a tar of it to be located on a MMc on a 770. Could you give me instructions on how to do that?
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...789#post246789

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.