Notices

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Still can't update Extra Decoders Support.

apt-get upgrade results in message

The following packages have been kept back:
decoders-support gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-extra

Why doesnt the nokia n900 like to play .mp4

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Still can't update Extra Decoders Support.

apt-get upgrade results in message

The following packages have been kept back:
decoders-support gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-extra
Someone else already mentioned having to remove the Mirror application, which has this dependency, in order to upgrade Extra Decoders. I found I also had to remove Mappero.

I was able to reinstall both Mappero and Mirror after the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
Someone else already mentioned having to remove the Mirror application, which has this dependency, in order to upgrade Extra Decoders. I found I also had to remove Mappero.

I was able to reinstall both Mappero and Mirror after the update.
I finally managed in installing after I manually installed missing dependencies. I did not need to uninstal any programs. However, I do have Mappero installed but I do not know if it caused the problem or is it just coincidence.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
There seems to be a really weird conflict when this particular dependency is not versioned and there are other packages depending on it, I still cannot find anything unusual. I will check once again when I have more time.

By the way, I've updated my signature yet again, thanks for your kind donations!

The Following User Says Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I have manually installed (x-term, i have a faulty wireless connection at the moment and just downloaded via usb all the files from packages) all the dependencies needed for the decoder. After installation and restart, my media player will not play any files, I can scroll through my list of music, but none of them will play.

I have apt-get purge all the gstreamers, decoders-support, ogg-support. The problem still persists... please help..

I found the problem, stupid of me.
I installed libgstreamer0.10-0 0.10.23-git305-0maemo5+0m5 from (PR1.0).
Re-installed libgstreamer0.10-0 0.10.25-0maemo4+0m5 all problems solved...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest, Magyarország
Hi there,

I have a problem. I installed EDS, and worked everything fine, exept the flac meta data reading in the Media Player. Later I solved this problem (re-encode the files with dbpoweramp and mp3tag), so from that point I saw the artist names, albums and tracks and album covers.
Yesterday the little yellow button said there is an update for ogg-support, so I installed it. After the installation when I opened the Media Player it said there is no music/video files..

I uninstalled the extra-decoders support, then the ogg-support, then I reinstalled the eds (with the built-in ogg-support), and I got my files back in MP. BUT THE FLAC FILES ARE NOT THERE AGAIN..
I tried to re-encode the files again with dbpoweramp and mp3tag, but no use.
When I open the files from file manager it's playable but it says unknown artist/unknown song.

I'm out of ideas...
Please help!

I think there is an issue with one of the versions of ogg-support. I noticed this when I did a fresh install not so long ago. Which versions of EDS and ogg support do you have?

I have EDS 4.0 and OGG 1.0.6~rc1. I think it was 1.05 doesn't work, you may have to enable extras-devel to get 1.06.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest, Magyarország
I have exactly the same version of eds and ogg-support like you have.
But after two hours of doing nothing successful I convert my flac files to mp3. And of course it works. Wuhu. -.-