mate this app is getting better and better---the screen rotation is great--adds a new dimesion to my rss feeds and to youamp

well done

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
awesome job with the app. do you think controlling openvpn could be fit into the UI somewhere?

do you think controlling openvpn could be fit into the UI somewhere?
Never used it, what would the UI need?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
at it's simplest form /etc/init.d/openvpn start/stop would be enough, just like sshd. running status indicator could fetch tun0 IP as well, that'd be awesome.

Added to list but it will have to wait until I add UI customization support since there is no space for it. Although, it would be rather easy to add support for left/right (landscape) and up/down (portrait) swiping on the button bar to switch between two pages of widgets. Later on when UI customization is added, you could move less used widgets to the secondary page.

New test binary.

Optimized the process viewer so scrolling will look better now, made a few cosmetic changes and fixed a few bugs (and may have added more ).

Brightness slider has been changed to 500ms and uses a new motion timer, also used by the process viewer. Seems to track a lot better now.

Fixed the brightness and volume increment buttons, they were responding to motion, press and release events.

Long presses will now unhighlight if your finger leaves the button and rehighlight when you move back in.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
And yet another test binary.

Autorepeat when brightness and volume up/down on-screen buttons are held down. It starts out with 2 per second and increases to 10.

@lkravovicz
A 25% swipe along the button bar will switch between primary and secondary widgets. New OpenVPN widget on secondary page. Could you make sure it works? The landscape message is not yet available in portrait mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Thanks for a neat hack. Here are some observations after playing around with it for half an hour.

- asui failed to start after installation. systemu was stopped fine, but asui was not started. Running "/etc/init.d/advanced-systemui stop" restarted systemui, and further "start" did just what it was supposed to do.
- Locking the device only locks the screen. Hardware qwerty-keyboard still works, power button still opens asui, long press of back button still closes active application.
- SSH widget doesn't recognise dropbear as SSH server.
- IMO locking the device through UI should hide asui.

asui failed to start after installation
Known problem, ASUI does start/restart after installation/upgrade but then appman stops it for some reason. You can see this by enabling the start_visible setting. It however works fine when installed or upgraded from the console.

Locking the device only locks the screen. Hardware qwerty-keyboard still works, power button still opens asui, long press of back button still closes active application.
I was only able to reproduce with the screen locked but still on, it only happens when its on right? If so, I will look into fixing it.

Power button to 'unlock' is a feature!

SSH widget doesn't recognise dropbear as SSH server.
What is the name of the init.d file that starts dropbear, what is the full path to the server binary and what is the full name of a client process (do they start with "sshd: ")?

IMO locking the device through UI should hide asui.
This is already on the list, I'll bump it up.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Known problem, ASUI does start/restart after installation/upgrade but then appman stops it for some reason. You can see this by enabling the start_visible setting. It however works fine when installed or upgraded from the console.
It would be interesting (to run strace) to see what application manager is really doing.

I was only able to reproduce with the screen locked but still on, it only happens when its on right?
True. This only happens when the screen is still on. Why are the keys kept active?

Power button to 'unlock' is a feature!
gconf key to disable this would be nice. I often press the power button to temporarily undim the screen to have a quick look at what's going on. I do this a lot when I have GPS turned on.

What is the name of the init.d file that starts dropbear, what is the full path to the server binary and what is the full name of a client process (do they start with "sshd: ")?
Silly me. I should've told all the details without you having to ask for them.

/etc/init.d/dropbear starts /usr/sbin/dropbear. The init.d-script does not have "status" command. Client processes (unfortunately) have identical process name (and parametres) with the server process: "/usr/sbin/dropbear", with (default) paremetres "-d /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key -r /etc/dropbear_rss_host_key -p 22 -W 65536".

Last edited by wnd; 2010-11-22 at 15:02. Reason: more info

Tags
bada blows, bada rox