Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I have looked at the Jolla device for a while now, and just can't think of uglier hardware in the industry. Is it plastic? The other half just makes it abominable.
I have a L1020 & I can appreciate (most) aspects of it's aesthetics/design & build-quality.
I'm sure I'll also find aspects of Jolla's phone that I'll appreciate, given it's price segment.
But it's all hate with you, hate & pure/unadulterated fanboyism, must be a sad little bubble.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-07 at 14:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
hehe, now Jolla is saying
This is about the HERE platform in Sailfish OS, we have not disclosed what is the maps and related apps in Jolla.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Why the "hehe"?
What do you think is significant about that, or what do you think they're trying to say (or avoid saying)?

I chuckled a little bit because it didn't surprise me that Jolla was going to lower the expectations after everybody read every single character (even in the HTML/JS comments) of the new website.

Having said that, what Jolla is saying doens't rule out the community's assumption that they will use HERE for maps, they just don't want to confirm it officially, even by staying silent about it (you know how some people assume that when somebody proposes A and nobody refutes it, then proposition A must be true).

Don't get me wrong - I want HERE (aka Nokia Maps), since basically they'd be implementing a locations/mapping/routing service that is very well proven.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I have a L1020 & I can appreciate (most) aspects of it's aesthetics/design & build-quality.
I'm sure I'll also find aspects of Jolla's phone that I'll appreciate, given it's price segment.
But it's all hate with you, hate & pure/unadulterated fanboyism, must be a sad little bubble.
maybe you'll resist more often if you know that the only time i have to read lumiaman's thoughts are when you quote them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
I don't do it heaps, I'm sorry, but poor behaviour just has to be pointed out sometimes...
Even if it won't sink in, hopefully it'll at least be a brief/minor affront to his broken personality/ego.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think its a bit strange that Jolla comments speculations. Was it their official twitter that said that?

Why comment if it was true and its maps. Why not play it cool? They haven't commented any other speculations, right?

I think it might not be maps anymore.(depends who said that line)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-07 at 15:46.

I don't do it heaps, I'm sorry, but poor behaviour just has to be pointed out sometimes...
Even if it won't sink in, hopefully it'll at least be a brief/minor affront to his broken personality/ego.
i strongly disagree. all youre doing is making everyone pay attention to hatred, and doubling up the wasted space.

i can totally get behind you being mad, but JUST FILTER HIM and your life will improve.

maybe lumiaman is one of those personalities corporations hire actors to portray on the internet, eh?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
I feel the same sometimes. Pretty much like this.
If anything, it's useful for anybody new who doesn't know who trolls and who doesn't.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I think its a bit strange that Jolla comments speculations. Was it their official twitter that said that?
Yeap, JollaHQ - read it on the phone, so forget about the link.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I think it might not be maps anymore.(depends who said that line)
I reckon if we all start saying that, they'll then say that they didn't say they didn't :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
ooooh jalyst, you should try out that thing!
any time lumiaman says anything hateful, paste an anti-troll message encouraging people to ignore it WITHOUT QUOTING IT, and discourage others from quoting it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red