Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by moepda View Post
will try another 1 time to see but if fails wont risk again !! although flashing may fix got so many mods to stuff would take forever to get back
tried and same result reboot makes no difference so will stick with original file now ,

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
Thanks for your comments
I have seen many differents behaviours of this script from differents user that have shared their experiences and most of them who have bad experiences have tried an edited script. Don't know what is going wrong on them but my original script have pass very hard tests for 2 months. The only script that I agree is fine is yours for the addition of the "- q" parameter. Just that the line "killall -q hildon-home" is enabled and that may erase all widgets and that is why it was disabled at first place.

i have been using it now for 2 days and i notice that my n900 is nice and smooth now. i look forward to tweaking it a little bit with the variations of the file as the days go on. jorge many thanks for throwing this together!!!

just so you guys know too i notice that many of you are using xterm to make your changes. I simply ftp'd into the phone and mae my changes that way using notepad as well to modify the script when necessary.

hope this helps.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
Thanks for your comments
I have seen many differents behaviours of this script from differents user that have shared their experiences and most of them who have bad experiences have tried an edited script. Don't know what is going wrong on them but my original script have pass very hard tests for 2 months. The only script that I agree is fine is yours for the addition of the "- q" parameter. Just that the line "killall -q hildon-home" is enabled and that may erase all widgets and that is why it was disabled at first place.
No please, I don't want to lose my widgets, It never happens still, but I'll do remove it even from my post! Edited

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by q8phantom View Post
No please, I don't want to lose my widgets, It never happens still, but I'll do remove it even from my post! Edited
For anyone concerned about widgets disappearing from desktop:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=46

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Thank you, I think I will stick with the original one! I don't want to restart organizing my widgets, no risk for me!

Originally Posted by evad View Post
I'm testing this and other methods but killing the processes seems to be the best way "in the practice" even if in theory it isn't.

Originally Posted by q8phantom View Post
haahahah

Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
i have been using it now for 2 days and i notice that my n900 is nice and smooth now. i look forward to tweaking it a little bit with the variations of the file as the days go on. jorge many thanks for throwing this together!!!
Thanks for your comments!
I'm working on other scripts to tweak and safe battery life. I will post it when they are ready, be pacient. I will only post it when I'm sure that it is mature and safe, like this OptimizeN900 script

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
I'm testing this and other methods but killing the processes seems to be the best way "in the practice" even if in theory it isn't.
What makes killall method better then?

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay now im a little frustrated so if u can offer up some assistance i thank u. im running over 200 processes even after the script is executed and the phone is slow and choppy.

arg!!!!!!

Tags
faster, reflash, refresh, script-a-brick, sell it