Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
i think its should be called Scam! lol hahahahaha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Just installed FCamera, and guess what?

It crashes ones opened .. I know its a dev release, but i expect that at least it would open.
Did you read the installation note? The one you have to accept before installation completes?

I installed fcamera and I did not have the camera crashing that some of you guys mention. However I can't figure out where fcamera saves its photos. It doesn't show up in my photo gallery. Does it even save the photos at all?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
personally i find this news pretty exciting! ive been using my phone's camera for daily use and having more control and functions is always a win.

i installed fcamera, and I noticed that the images are saved as .dng, and besides downloading the files onto my computer and viewing them in photoshop are there currently anything on maemo that supports viewing dng's?

The Following User Says Thank You to charbar For This Useful Post:
i am actually very happy with the n900. i am just not happy with Nokia!!!!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Ahh - guess I should have run it from the console then. WIll give it another shot after I finish updating my NITdroid
Great! By the way, I'm not affiliated with this project at all, I just think that what they're doing is great and they deserve our support. I'm a bit confused as to why they're getting so much flak for contributing to the community when they could have given us nothing at all...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdstrowes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
Did you read the installation note? The one you have to accept before installation completes?
Right, so the news was exciting for devs that know how to deal with apps that refuse to open, but not for us end users?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
Originally Posted by yves083 View Post
I installed fcamera and I did not have the camera crashing that some of you guys mention. However I can't figure out where fcamera saves its photos. It doesn't show up in my photo gallery. Does it even save the photos at all?
if you launch the app from the terminal, it should note that the default directory it saves to as:
/home/user/MyDocs/fcamera

you can locate via the File Manager, but as i mentioned above i dont think we have anything that views the digital negative format it saves to.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No I really getting sick of those whinners!!!

N900 is an most OpenSourced mobile so far!!!!! And it up even more with an OSS based camera API is great news.

For all other non techpeople go buy and crappy Iphone or broken Android instead!!! If you think that would make you more happy!

A phone is a phone...n900 is a phone...u dont have to be smart/geek/nerd to use it, but i have the right to have expectations from the future updates.
When nokia seel n900 didn't say anithing abou..if u want some feature on ur n900 buid it urself.

i also love my n900 and i am the noobes noob from maemo forum...so what do u say ? shoud i buy another phone or shoud i say talk to the hand dude ? we have same rights

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
They have medication to control PMT you know?
Could you recommend me something?

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed