Active Topics

I also notice a strange battery drain...wi-fi off, 2G, no IM enabled

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
my battery life has dropped significantly. was getting about 14-16 hours and since the update I am hardly getting 6 hours???
usage is the same. pull out of charger at 6am and make few calls on lunch around 12, after getting off at 5 make a lot of calls, and between all those time check maemo.org every once in a while. but since this update it barely lasts till the lunch. have not had anything else installed after the update or have done any kind of settings change. really weird.
i had a similar problem one of the weather apps was trying to get a gps fix in the background noticed the desktop widget stuck on updating position or something like that, noticed it after a few days but i do agree with you battery does seem to lose power far quicker than before.

by the way does anybody else find web pages load up far quicker on 3g than on wifi?

anyone tried cafe world facebook in N900... the phone hangs like crazy....

The glitch that ive noticed is sometimes there are graphic glitches an it starts running a lil slow. It seems to happen only during a reboot which would be if the batt dies ova nite, or if i just switch it off an put it on next day or later. You can tell that apps an things are running slow, like some fat guy just sat on the device!

When it does happen i just switch it off, take the battery out for a few mins then switch it on an it seems to be fine.
I had high hopes of this device, and altho i still love it.... i really wish nokia would step up their game as i hate apple but i gotta give em credit as their updates are tight and their customer service. Nokia have still not once replied to any emails and to top it off this handset was over delayed coz they were gona bring it out bug free with a firmware udpate installed but many problems have happened. Ashame.
Im losing faith in Nokia.

Last edited by badboyuk; 2010-01-19 at 16:30.

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
by the way does anybody else find web pages load up far quicker on 3g than on wifi?
Ive noticed that today.....however it may be bcoz i was using all my upload bandwidth on torrents all day. But ill check it out again later.

When is the next update gona be anyone knw? are they actually gona fix anything in the next 1? :-/

Tags
shitware