Notices

Cheers man, it looks awesome on the phone, good work!

How do i right click for aiming though?

Is there a list of controls this version on N900?

hmm, i'm getting "Opening file failed" all the time, tried different versions of the data folder, i put the entire windows installation directory into /home/user/MyDocs/games/ja2 and set /home/user/.ja2/ja2.ini's data_dir to that directory using vi.

Any ideas? I'm "Elvaron" in freenode's #maemo irc channel, help would be GREATY appreciated, I love this game, wish i knew where my original disc(s) is/are.

EDIT: Fixed... Now to find out how to use ALT button

EDIT 2:
some further Keymaps that would make the game 100% playable:

Proximity Sensor + keyboard (similar to Prox.Sensor + Mouseclick = RMB) => ALT + key (as in ALT+S for quicksave)

blue FN key (if thats possible, otherwise Proximity Sensor+Ctrl) + key => Symbols, some are needed for the more advanced commands, e.g.:
/ Forward slash: Center on currently selected merc.
= Equals Key : Selects all mercs in the current sector, regardless of squad.
1 thru 0 : Tactical Screen: Change to that squad number, if they are in the same sector. Map Screen : Select all members of that squad number.
SHIFT 1 thru 0 : Map Screen: Select all members of squads 11 thru 20.
, Comma : Toggles between Team and Inventory panels.
*STAR : Toggles between red and white glowing objects.
+ : Increase funds by $ 10,000 (Cheat)
- : Decrease funds by $ 10,000 (Cheat)

it would be great if key commands could be stacked, such as ALT, then F => Alt+F (instead of having to hold alt until f is pressed), making things such as ALT+Shift+Ctrl+* or something possible (not that this particular combo were in the game, still...)

Alternatively, a software keyboard to be activated by some key combo, with keys, numbers, symbols, INS/END/DEL/PG UP/PG DN/HOME and on/off switches for CTRL, SHIFT and ALT would make weird key combos obsolete.

Last edited by janus_0104; 2010-03-16 at 01:07. Reason: Changed

Hello

I'am new here and I have a question.
I installed the german version(deb files) from the first page of this thread.
Now the game runs just fine but I have some problems with the controls. The ENTER key seems not to work than if I want to create my own soldier over the B.S.E site nothing works xep624,XEP or blank. And in game I cant right click for better aiming. I tried it with covering the the proximity sensor and many other kombinations.

Originally Posted by Enni View Post
Hello

I'am new here and I have a question.
I installed the german version(deb files) from the first page of this thread.
Now the game runs just fine but I have some problems with the controls. The ENTER key seems not to work than if I want to create my own soldier over the B.S.E site nothing works xep624,XEP or blank. And in game I cant right click for better aiming. I tried it with covering the the proximity sensor and many other kombinations.
Those versions are for N8X0 so they don't work correctly on N900. I can compile a german version soon and link it here.

Last edited by ukki; 2010-03-23 at 09:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
That would be very nice.
I really really love this game

thank you

DISCLAIMER

You shouldn't trust random packages from random people.

END DISCLAIMER

Try this, totally untested: ja2_0.12.1r6466-1maemo6_german_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
thank you ukki
now everything works fine.

10 years ago when I played jagged allience 2 for the first time I could not even imagine that I will be able to play it on my mobile phone once a day. But mobile phone is the wrong word for the N900, I think its more a little PC than a mobile phone.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hi all - got a small question concerning the N900 version, which I couldn't find an answer to - how the hell can I focus on a target (increase action points per shot)?
Alternatively, is there a key map list available somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Hi all - got a small question concerning the N900 version, which I couldn't find an answer to - how the hell can I focus on a target (increase action points per shot)?
Alternatively, is there a key map list available somewhere? Thanks in advance!
You cover the proximity sensor with your finger (round thing on top left corner). Think keymap can be seen in game.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
You cover the proximity sensor with your finger (round thing on top left corner). Think keymap can be seen in game.
The proximity sensor thing is not working for me, plus there's no keymap in the game...