Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,701 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ay/004167.html
* Enable quick scrolling feature in Sailfish views
in Update 7

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I started to use patchmanager from yesterday... All installed and work like explained in the first post. But I noticed that mail app is stopped to do autoupdate (it should check mails every 30 min). Also I can't access to mail setting (settings->apps->mail), the setting app immediately crashed.
Already tried to unapply all patches -> uninstall patches and pandora-box -> reinstall lipstick-qt5 -> Reboot. But it not fixed the problem, mail app still don't check my mails and I still can't access to mail setting.
Also tried to reinstall jolla-settings, jolla-email, but it also not helped to fix this problem...

Any advice please ?

Would it be possible to create an patch to have caller customized ringtones?

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I started to use patchmanager from yesterday... All installed and work like explained in the first post. But I noticed that mail app is stopped to do autoupdate (it should check mails every 30 min). Also I can't access to mail setting (settings->apps->mail), the setting app immediately crashed.
Already tried to unapply all patches -> uninstall patches and pandora-box -> reinstall lipstick-qt5 -> Reboot. But it not fixed the problem, mail app still don't check my mails and I still can't access to mail setting.
Also tried to reinstall jolla-settings, jolla-email, but it also not helped to fix this problem...

Any advice please ?
Problem solved

https://together.jolla.com/question/...tting-crashed/

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Problem solved

https://together.jolla.com/question/...tting-crashed/
Hey, please, don't blame patchmanager for all problems
(Alright, patchmanager is usually the root of close to all problems ...)

Originally Posted by breiti_oi View Post
Would it be possible to create an patch to have caller customized ringtones?
Actually I don't know. Right now, I'm developing small patches for small functionnalities. This feature (because it's a totally new feature) might need a lot of work around contacts, call ui etc, so it might take a lot of resources to develop, and might even be out of scope of patchmanager.

Better post a TJC suggestion / new post on TMO

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Hey, please, don't blame patchmanager for all problems
(Alright, patchmanager is usually the root of close to all problems ...)
Haaaa, I don't blame patchmanager It just happens after installation and probably the reason is a some lipstick restarts in the same time when mail app checked mails, really don't know why

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Jaca, Spain
I let you call me noob because of this question, but better ask and be safe, than brick a phone xD

So, if I want to upgrade SailfishOS, it isn't enough unactivating all patches and lipstick, Is it?
Or what should I put in the terminal to do so if I need more things to upgrade

Thanks!

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by petaqui View Post
I let you call me noob because of this question, but better ask and be safe, than brick a phone xD

So, if I want to upgrade SailfishOS, it isn't enough unactivating all patches and lipstick, Is it?
Or what should I put in the terminal to do so if I need more things to upgrade

Thanks!
Hello petaqui.

You don't need to disable patches for updates, but when updating, most of them will be disabled automatically, you might need to reapply them though.

Pandora mode lipstick should must removed, because it's a system package that is overriden. (actually the system update should be able to disable it automatically)

To remove the pandora mode lipstick, you need to reinstall stock lipstick. Do, as root in terminal

Code:
pkcon install zypper
zypper in -f lipstick-qt5
You can try to update without lipstick-pandora disabled, but if you phone is bricked, it will have to have a nice trip to Finland.

Haaaa, I don't blame patchmanager It just happens after installation and probably the reason is a some lipstick restarts in the same time when mail app checked mails, really don't know why
I'm joking of course But you are right, lipstick crashing / killing might corrupt the email files ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
How much time will take you to provide new lipstick-qt5 after system update ? We need waiting for new version from you or we can install it from previous version ?

Found a little bug in "Control center".
It always happens after reboot. For some reasons it not activate the "Mobile data" button, you can't use it (see first image).
In the system setting it activated and work = on/off (see second image)
In this case restart of lipstick fix it.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os