Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
My N900 has been giving the ambiguous 'server error' when syncing to Google for a few days now, though I've not changed anything :-(

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
My N900 has been giving the ambiguous 'server error' when syncing to Google for a few days now, though I've not changed anything :-(
Same here - google calendar sysnc stopped working a few days ago for me

Any news on the latest issues with syncing with Google? Haven't
been able to sync for a while now.

Regards // Overgaard

Originally Posted by Overgaard View Post
Sync was working again for a few days but now it's not working again. I changed nothing on the phone sync settings.
I'm sure it will work again in a few days (at least I hope so).

Regards // Overgaard
Perhaps "never mind"? I tried a "full resync" and that seem to solve the issue for me. Hopefully that did it!

Perhaps "never mind"? I tried a "full resync" and that seem to solve the issue for me. Hopefully that did it!
Whenever I get the "sync error" icon, that is exactly what I do to fix it again.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Interesting that people are having problems. I got sync set up with Google today without any issues. Well, not quite no issues...

I only want it to sync my calendar. On Google, I have multiple calendars, many of which I would like to view on my N900. But MfE only pulls down one of them, and arguably the least useful of the calendars I'd like to use.

Is this a known issue, or do I have to nudge something on Google's side? Or is Erminig (in extras-devel) my only solution?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
I'm pretty sure you can only sync one calendar at a time with MfE.

But every few days or so I am getting the issue where sync fails with google and I have to clear the N900 calendar and do a full resync. My wife is syncing to the same calendar with her iPad and she has not had any problems.

It seems like a few people are having this issue - does anyone know how to diagnose it? Is there a log somewhere I can monitor to try to narrow down the issue?

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by nathanbibb View Post

But every few days or so I am getting the issue where sync fails with google and I have to clear the N900 calendar and do a full resync.
I have had some problems with manually syncing with Google calendar (I only use MfE for that). But deleting that calendar and starting the MfE process again seems to fix it. But when you do that, you must make sure that you click Advanced settings, and change the calendar from N900 (default setting) to New Calendar, otherwise it won't work. I'm sure the syncing issues are with Google servers - some days it works, others it doesn't. At least you can fix it, even though it's annoying.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by nathanbibb View Post

But every few days or so I am getting the issue where sync fails with google and I have to clear the N900 calendar and do a full resync. My wife is syncing to the same calendar with her iPad and she has not had any problems.

It seems like a few people are having this issue - does anyone know how to diagnose it? Is there a log somewhere I can monitor to try to narrow down the issue?
I had the same issue every other day.
I annoyed me, so I changed back to NuevaSync.
I know it costs a bit, but I am willing to pay for a working solution.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator