Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
FastestScrollInTheWest add-on is pretty slick. Gets you to top or bottom of page pretty fast.

Really need something like it for microB

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Have you reinstalled the main application (Firefox or Fennec, whatever it's called on your device)? My guess is that you have a version of Firefox/Fennec on your device that isn't compatible with the latest runtime.
I've installed it today both from the repository and from http://www.firefox.com/m, having removed the app and Mozilla Runtime prior to installation in both cases. Still no functionality. It was working yesterday with Mozilla Runtime (something)RC1, but today, when I updated Mozilla Runtime to 1.9.2.2pre-20100128011217 it ceased working. This happened about two weeks ago as well after four days of MR updates, each one providing no funtionality. It was after this I removed the app for 10 days or so until yesterday's "excitement".

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
This is the repository from where Fennec/XulRunner is pulled when you follow the "Beta" link on http://www.mozilla.com/mobile/ - no RC3, just a mixture of RC1 and non-RC1 debs.

And this is the nightly repository - again no RC3 (or even RC1).
RC3 was released today. There are three articles on top in maemo.org/news. The reason flash is disabled is because it "degrades performance," according to Mozilla. Don't know about the repos, but it does seem I downloaded RC3.

The Following User Says Thank You to sorodoros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
rc3 is still too slow for me (19 seconds to open the program completely on my N900), and without flash is useless on many sites.

It seems the only compelling reason to use it instead of microb is if you are a Weave user (and don't need flash).

That being said the devs are doing a great job it has definitely improved a lot in recent weeks. I look forward to seeing where the authors take it in the future.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
RC3 was released today. There are three articles on top in maemo.org/news. The reason flash is disabled is because it "degrades performance," according to Mozilla. Don't know about the repos, but it does seem I downloaded RC3.
What they're calling RC3 then is whatever is in the standard release repository (http://moff.mozilla.com/dists/chinoo.../binary-armel/) - no RC3 there, but there is an RC1 for xulrunner and a Fennec 1.0.0 deb, all from 26 Jan.

The nightly build is up to date (28 Jan) and uses a later version of xulrunner, and the Fennec deb is different too.

Nightly Installer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=Milhouse;499953]What they're calling RC3 then is whatever is in the standard release repository (http://moff.mozilla.com/dists/chinoo.../binary-armel/) - no RC3 there, but there is an RC1 for xulrunner and a Fennec 1.0.0 deb, all from 26 Jan.

The nightly build is up to date (28 Jan) and uses a later version of xulrunner, and the Fennec deb is different too.

Nightly Installer[/QUOTE

good info , thanks

It would be nice if you could use the arrow keys to scroll down like MicroB. Next version perhaps.

Originally Posted by horus View Post
It would be nice if you could use the arrow keys to scroll down like MicroB. Next version perhaps.
You actually can, however ive noticed that its hit and miss when it works, also it is more akin to scrolling on a computer, it scrolls a couple lines at a time. I think they should make it more like MicroB as well.

Still not able to watch some flash video like WWE

Lucky for me, today my desktop's flash plugin brought my web browsers to a screeching halt and for the past 4 hours, I've been using my n810, which handles the new version of fennec beautifully. Still hangs occasionally, but no full-on crashes. Not as quick as tear, but certainly acceptable, especially with the ui which is such a joy to use. Also - plugins!

Tags
firefox, firefox rc1 sucks, stop making junk tags