Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by slender View Post
This is probably bug.

-When flicking with finger and you stop and raise your finger list keeps scrolling
-->This doesn´t happen in cutetube.

Makes sometimes little hard to hit list items when they move couple of pixels after you have stopped scrollingwith finger and you raise it to tap item.
It's not really a bug, it's just that behaviour in QML differs from QWidgets. It can be tweaked, so I will have a look at the available options for changing behaviour of lists.

EDIT: It occurred to me that I also have the list views set to SnapToItem. What this means is that scrolling stops in a place where the an item is flush at the top of the view. If you attempt to stop the scrolling when an item is only partially in view at the top, then it will adjust to ensure that the item is fully in view.

Scrolling will not stop here:

Instead it will stop here:

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-07 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
I still can't see my subscriptions via Gmail login.
What can I do,anyone?

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Where does the QML version save the downloaded videos on the device?

does video have to be saved to .cutetube?

i think they would be better at .videos where media player could see em.

they are mp4 after all

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
does video have to be saved to .cutetube?

i think they would be better at .videos where media player could see em.

they are mp4 after all
Cheers for the tip. I've found them now. Yeah, I kinda agree that it's a funny place to save them. It would be good to be able to choose where they save.......but I think I remember Marxian saying earlier in this thread that he made them save there so the Tracker doesn't keep constantly running when downlaoding videos and you can move them at your own leisure.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
you can move them at your own leisure.
Not a good idea if you want them to be accessible from the archive. The archived items are stored in a database, with the filepath as one of the values. If you move the video to a different location, you will not be able to access it. If you want the videos to be tracked, the easiest way to achieve this is to add the folder to the tracker config.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not a good idea if you want them to be accessible from the archive. The archived items are stored in a database, with the filepath as one of the values. If you move the video to a different location, you will not be able to access it. If you want the videos to be tracked, the easiest way to achieve this is to add the folder to the tracker config.
But if they are moved to the Videos folder (or folder of choosing), will they get picked up by the Tracker for use in the built in Media Player?

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-04-07 at 22:40.

And is there a way to delete files from the Archive because I deleted a video from the .cutetube folder but it still shows in the Archive?

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
And is there a way to delete files from the Archive because I deleted a video from the .cutetube folder but it still shows in the Archive?
Choose multi-select from the menu and tick the videos that you want to remove, then select 'Delete from archive'.

For the next release I will add a check on startup to see that the filepath exists when populating the archive. Any missing items will automatically be removed from the archive database.

BTW, there is an application in extras-devel called tracker-cfg that enables easy GUI based configuration of the tracker. If you add /home/user/MyDocs/.cutetube to the config, the tracker will pick up any items in the folder.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-07 at 22:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
That worked. Thanks Marxian.

On the subject of that tracker-cfg app, can it also be used to stop the Tracker looking in certain folders too? I got a load of ScummVM audio files that I'd like not to be picked up.

(Thanks again Marxian, sorry if it's slightly off topic)

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube