Notices

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
What about batch uploading .debs, e.g. via dput or scp?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
What about batch uploading .debs, e.g. via dput or scp?
there is command line utility for managing your apps/uploading debfiles. It was used for batch upload of meego obs packages and appsformeego.

but it is outdated now(no rpm support, and others), I need to take a look into it, and probably release to github

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
I may have found a bug. If you go to the user sailfish_lib the underscore is not there:
https://openrepos.net/users/sailfishlib
With underscore it doesn't work.

And there is a small typo under the tab "Packages management -> Sailfish OS packages":
"You already have sailfish os package for this application.
Edit this package to add new .deb files or remove old ones "

Should be ".rpm files" instead.

And I also have a small feature request. When you chose to only show Sailfish packages the numbers in the menu should be only for Sailfish.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
I may have found a bug. If you go to the user sailfish_lib the underscore is not there:
https://openrepos.net/users/sailfishlib
With underscore it doesn't work.
This link is autogenerated with transliteration rules. Underscore is ignored, so it is ok. Real user link conrains user id, as you can see with tab links, and those links are just user friendly synonyms

Should be ".rpm files" instead.
Fixed.

And I also have a small feature request. When you chose to only show Sailfish packages the numbers in the menu should be only for Sailfish.
That one is tough, let see what I can do about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Yeah it would be nice and I don't think it would be that hard to fix as you already have the filter list implemented. Otherwise it's a bit like false advertising, clicking on a link that says 1200+ apps and only a few show up. Almost like a push-up bra!

Edit: WOW! Already 17 Sailfish apps available, a few days ago it was only two.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2013-12-31 at 21:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
What is the recommended way to move to using softweare from Openrepos instead of the Nokia Store? For example, I have MeeCast installed from Store and would like to get updates from Openrepos. Should I uninstall Store version and then install from vasvlad repo in Openrepos? Or just activate vasvlad repo? Reinstall?

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Afaik if you activate the repo you get updates from there as soon as they are available...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Turkey
Soon nokia store will stop providing updates and accepting new apps. Afaik this was the main reason to create openrepos.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Soon? It's 1th Januarry. Accepting apps to Nokia Store stopped today

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Yeah it would be nice and I don't think it would be that hard to fix as you already have the filter list implemented. Otherwise it's a bit like false advertising, clicking on a link that says 1200+ apps and only a few show up. Almost like a push-up bra!
Yep Removed numbers for now, so no confusion will occur. Separate numbers will be shown soon, as you suggested.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
What is the recommended way to move to using softweare from Openrepos instead of the Nokia Store? For example, I have MeeCast installed from Store and would like to get updates from Openrepos. Should I uninstall Store version and then install from vasvlad repo in Openrepos? Or just activate vasvlad repo? Reinstall?
You need to activate repository via warehouse with same program (and updated version) to get OTA updates.
No re-installation is required.

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-01-01 at 21:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:

Tags
awesome, harmattan, meego, repository, service