Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Oh, I forgot about warehouse, was thinking people are just pulling it down manually in that case simple file renaming would suffice.
I don't know how warehouse is working - whether it uses metadata from inside RPM (parsing) or from the file name. Let me look onto the warehouse code to understand what does it consider as an update and what as a separate side packet.
In general i think worth creating second repo - rockpool-beta with all these packages.
It definitely fetches that data out, because it can automatically update the changelog from the rpm metadata. I would have though that would have been a bonus feature from already fetching the package name and version info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
ops, hold on a bit, while picking up changes for the commit I've dropped prefs pre-initialization so now keyboard is not working, let me return init prefs section

Edit: ok it wasn't prefs after all but rather variable size loader and missing vkb metrics hints. moving loader off the web view restored builtin vkb handling.

Last edited by ruff; 2016-04-01 at 14:01.

Another important thing about the account token - it'll be necessary to subscribe to app timeline events in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Finally managed to package workable rpm. Another issue was that with gecko lipstick refuses to launch rockpool under booster/invoker - was segfaulting. So disabled invoker and booster, which theoretically would cause startup time penalty. But practically still works ok to me. No questions webkit was starting faster, but still, .5 and 1sec is two timesm but only half sec.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Settings pages seem to be working well (e.g. DIN Time is fine), but there's a minor problem with scrolling: if you zoom into the page then scroll to the right, you can't scroll back left again (it interprets the swipe as 'back'). Obviously you can work around that by zooming back out, but it's a little awkward.

Another face that seems to be misbehaving (on 'release' as well as beta): CobbleStyle. You can set this to display your current location under the time, but it doesn't do anything here. I can't get it to do anything on Android either, but I suspect that's more to do with the state of my old and bust-up tablet (I can't even get Google Maps to identify my location).

http://pastebin.com/aY1ynHFD

https://forums.getpebble.com/discuss...s-and-whistles

Last edited by MikeHG; 2016-04-02 at 12:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
As a followup on complains regarding small amount of apps in the shop I've changed appstore client behaviour. In original code there's hardcoded filtering of the apps which crosses out apps
a) with companion
b) not being in any colleciton.
That, together with GUI glitch blocking Next button limits amount of visible apps in the appstore.
So I've moved now all the filtering to the model proxy (where it supposed to be done) while appstore would just behave properly and parse all the data AppStore JSON API supplies.

Also I've added missing feature to show apps by categories (rather than collections).
In current version apps with companion are also shown (just as proof of concept) with a warning that it requires companion app.
App details also modified to prevent installation of the apps with companion.

This commit touches native code - which would requrie merging to the rockwork tree, but honestly i don't see any reason why this functionality shouldn't be in the client - it's on the web and andriod/ios clients.

GUI glitch (collapsable search docker) will be subject of another fix, together with which I want to either block (in the gui) or provide a menu oiption to hide/show apps with companion.
Does it make sense to show them at all? I.e. for information only basically, as you won't be able to install it anyway.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
I've got some bug fixes and compatibility to release, so I'll bundle this up with those and push out another release today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
ok, let me then submit actual ui glitch fix, this commit is pure _feature_, doesnt include fix

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Smashing, I'll wait for your PR.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Done.
Companion apps are still enabled (not filtered out). Based on feedback will either disable completely (appsFilterModel.filterCompanion=true) or create toggle menu option.
In the end probably would need to move to Settings page, to offload pulleys. Together with appstore fetch size (currently 20 items per page) and either push to the daemon or store locally (makes more sense for GUI-specific settings) for permanent storage.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch