Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Do you still use this theme?
Poll Options
Do you still use this theme?

You are so arrogant. Of course this option is not needed, but with details like this, your theme could be more proffesional and consistent.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by fos4 View Post
You are so arrogant. Of course this option is not needed, but with details like this, your theme could be more proffesional and consistent.
Huh. "Arrogant"? Okay.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
and what next? Change ambiance with volume up + down buttons? ))

The Following User Says Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:
No. When you have yellow submarine on your lock screen, and apply green ambiance, changing almost all system, this yellow submarine don't suit to the system. Of course, as I said it is not problem to change it, and this function isn't really necessary, but with it, theme will be more consistent. In my opinion this is quite good idea, but I understand, that this is Ancelad project. I said only about Ancelad's reaction. There is a big difference between "sorry, I think that this option is not neccesssry" and laughing derisively.

Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@Ancelad milad want to apply ambience from image choosen for lockscreen wallpaper
no need aan additional option for this!
How about make Ambiance setting CAN READ hiden folder (such as /.your-folder) so we can go to .wallpaper folder
CMIIW

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
fos4, who are you to say that Ancelad is arrogant? Seriously, he accepted almost all ideas and offers to his theme app, Ancelad is anything but arrogant!. If you need If you need something, just ask, if the author declines the request, then go code it yourself. Can't code? learn it then.

Ancelad, keep up the very good work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Didnt know u r a football-lover . Please make a PEC Zwolle ambience!! :-)
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I've got personal request for Ambiance =)

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
I'm really disappointed... I can't beleive that MeeGo-community became so ungrateful...
Then I've started this project, I didn't even think about settings, ambiances etc. I've spent a lot of time learning CSS, QML, Photoshop, I've made thousands experiments, I've killed my phone battery, received reboot-loops etc.

And what I have now? The most customizable theme for Harmattan (do you know another one?) with Ambiance-support (not like in Sailfish, but nevertheless it is so) and some unique features, with a lot of stock-theme bugfixes, nice settings-applet with user-friendly QML GUI (ahaha, I wanted to make terminal UI like N9QT at first)...

I've accepted most of your advices and ideas, but I think I shouldn't make triplane of jet-fighter. Some ideas and features are really excess...

And you think that I'm "arrogant" or "greedy"... Certainly, I am, because I'm from Russia, and now I'm going to eat my drunken bear.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I'm really disappointed...
Ancelad, I've been following this thread since the very beginning, and I absolutely love your theme. It's (needless to say) the best

I do some coding, it's nothing compared to what many people on TMO are capable of, so I absolutely respect any effort TMOers put into improving our lovely Nokias.

I just wanted to say there are a good number of people that appreciate your work and are indeed very grateful. Please don't let others disappoint you (I understand what it's like when people are ungrateful to you, and it's difficult to not get disappointed).

Once again, thank you VERY much for all your hard work. I am eagerly (and patiently) waiting for the next version of your awesome theme.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Arad, Romania
now now, let's not overreact on this

while it's so very true that your theme is awesome and you invested a lot of time and resources into it -- and the community is grateful for this -- you also must admit that from those thousands of users (from the 50 000 downloads) only two guys complained. One whose complaint was really only an exaggerated request and the other one (fos4) who said you were arrogant for refusing to implement an almost useless option.

but the rest of us don't agree with them and you can see that. even though not everyone has replied to this matter.
there were some impossible requests before, but this one just escalated quickly

i think that the ones responsible should apologize.

please keep up the good work!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to .denis For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, meego, nokia n9, sailfish, theme