Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
fmg: sth like a bug report: thumb-built pango and glib fail to execute postinst in scratchbox with thumb toolchain. (qemu: Uncaught signal 11)
Seems fine to me:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libglib2.0-0-dbg libglib2.0-dev
Recommended packages:
libglib2.0-data
The following packages will be upgraded:
libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-0-dbg libglib2.0-dev
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 51 not upgraded.
Need to get 3068kB of archives.
After unpacking 2351kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libglib2.0-dev libglib2.0-0-dbg libglib2.0-0
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://maemo.merlin1991.at fremantle/free libglib2.0-dev 2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0 [233kB]
Get:2 http://maemo.merlin1991.at fremantle/free libglib2.0-0-dbg 2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0 [2141kB]
Get:3 http://maemo.merlin1991.at fremantle/free libglib2.0-0 2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0 [694kB]
Fetched 3068kB in 6s (473kB/s)
(Reading database ... 57687 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libglib2.0-dev 2.20.3-1maemo5+0m5 (using .../libglib2.0-dev_2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libglib2.0-dev ...
Preparing to replace libglib2.0-0-dbg 2.20.3-1maemo5+0m5 (using .../libglib2.0-0-dbg_2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libglib2.0-0-dbg ...
Preparing to replace libglib2.0-0 2.20.3-1maemo5+0m5 (using .../libglib2.0-0_2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libglib2.0-0 ...
Setting up libglib2.0-0 (2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0) ...

Setting up libglib2.0-dev (2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0) ...
Setting up libglib2.0-0-dbg (2.24.1-1maemo1+0cssu0+thumb0) ...
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL_GCC472: ~/workspace/tmp/autobuildertest-0.1] > dpkg -l | grep pango
ii libpango1.0-0 1.24.2-0maemo5+thumb0 Layout and rendering of internationalized te
ii libpango1.0-0-dbg 1.24.2-0maemo5+thumb0 The Pango library debugging symbols
ii libpango1.0-common 1.24.2-0maemo5+thumb0 Modules and configuration files for the Pang
ii libpango1.0-dev 1.24.2-0maemo5+thumb0 Development files for the Pango
ii libpango1.0-doc 1.24.2-0maemo5+thumb0 Documentation files for the Pango

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
fmg: can you look at this random core dump: http://marmistrz.comli.com/public/qe...139_27495.core

(reinstalling the sdk didn't help, experiencing lots of segfaults)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
fmg: can you look at this random core dump: http://marmistrz.comli.com/public/qe...139_27495.core

(reinstalling the sdk didn't help, experiencing lots of segfaults)
Cannot download it.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Cannot download it.
What's the error, I can do it... Please try again and if it fails again, I'll upload it somewhere else.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

@misterc - did your problems start with the latest (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo8.3+thumb3) update? on which version you were before upgrading?
i have installed the most recent version ~2 months ago (whatever that was) & run update every now & then
got the latest CSSU-??? update yesterday

Do you overclock?
the device is just the same config (except for adding CSSU-thumb) then until 2 months ago...
ceteris paribus as they say in analysis / troubleshooting, every thing else being the same, it has to be the last change, right?

Did you check filesystems for corruption(you can check fsck logs in /var/log/ )?
i'm a Linux user (professionally & privately) for over 15 yrs... i know how to take care of a Linux system, thanks for asking.

Sometimes reboots out of the blue happen if the battery has bad contact, you should extend the springs that hold the battery if it stands loose in the bay. Or (as pichlo said) it is just an aged battery.
again, ceteris paribus...

Anyway, I will appreciate if you provide some more information. Could you install syslogd and sp-rich-core and provide coredump next time crash/reboot happens.
i'm going to re-flash the other one without CSSU-* & think about whether i'm going to leave this one w/ CSSU-thumb
even IF i do, it is going to go back to the "alarm-clock" & prepay calls status... if it still crashes under those circumstances, reformat...

P.S. - with hundreds of cssu-thumb users, I really doubt there is some major bug passed unnoticed.
again, the "test conditions" (every thing else being equal) is fulfilled so whatever the problem could be it has to come from CSSU-thumb
actually i rather suspect CSSU-test upon which thumb is based, right?
could also be interaction of a extra, extra-testing or extra-dev app that i have installed that works fine w/out CSSU(-thumb)...

your guess is as good as mine :-}

PS: i appreciate that you are trying to help, but i can't help feeling that it is a little easy to say "CSSU-* only works with a limited (no?) applications available (& partly developed by the same ppl who help(-ed) with CSSU."
maybe your should require devs to test their apps against CSSU-* as well?
with only three versions of CSSU, shouldn't be a problem, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hi fmg,
this is my syslog: http://ubuntuone.com/329euOXn20iITZ3RxouBJT

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
I haven't discovered any problems with the last update , at least not yet
<i've installed the update yesterday morning ,after that I've rebooted the phone>
CSSU-T latest version

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@misterc,
Would you care to answer fmg's questions in a bit more constructive manner? No one is disputing that you started experiencing problems after the last update. However since no one else has reported such a severe regression, it is possible that the update may have exposed your problems rather than caused them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I have been trying to find the correct thread to be on rather than annoying those with me in the wrong thread. This might not be it either but it looks very close.

Ok my friends I am on the suggested tread. I am trying to update to the CSSU-Thumb and I get to the part that says to continue---but I looked at the description and the problems this time to see what the installaton problem seems to be, why I cannot install it. Here is what the problem says: Conflict with application packages Kernel-maemo, kernel-modules-maemo,kernel-maemo and Kernel-modules-maemo. I am not sure what that says or means.

Sorry but that seems to be where I seem to be stuck. I think it was sixwheelbeast that said that I should be trying CSSU-Training. I will look at that too. I couldn't find the CSSU-Training application so I would like to get this one working. I don't know if any of these also fixes the flash video problem or not, but I know it does have some fixes in it.

Thanks,
Bobby

Originally Posted by rootytooty View Post
I have been trying to find the correct thread to be on rather than annoying those with me in the wrong thread. This might not be it either but it looks very close.

Ok my friends I am on the suggested tread. I am trying to update to the CSSU-Thumb and I get to the part that says to continue---but I looked at the description and the problems this time to see what the installaton problem seems to be, why I cannot install it. Here is what the problem says: Conflict with application packages Kernel-maemo, kernel-modules-maemo,kernel-maemo and Kernel-modules-maemo. I am not sure what that says or means.

Sorry but that seems to be where I seem to be stuck. I think it was sixwheelbeast that said that I should be trying CSSU-Training. I will look at that too. I couldn't find the CSSU-Training application so I would like to get this one working. I don't know if any of these also fixes the flash video problem or not, but I know it does have some fixes in it.

Thanks,
Bobby
I would recommend a re-flash and a following installation of CSSU (-stable, -testing, -thumb) by your taste. Have in mind that you have misunderstood the name, it is CSSU-testing, not -training :P

See http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU for more info

Community SSU developer

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life