Active Topics

Hi All! Received my Jolla today. Looking very good. Nice work. A lot has to be done, but that was expected.

I am looking forward to the updates (importing contacts (dav) seems te be impossible atm . For me at least. ).

Quick question: do you use android whatsapp? Or an other client? What works best? I'd like to go native .

Last edited by pir; 2013-12-17 at 18:47. Reason: typo

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
overall:

* twitterfeed needs alot improve, delete twitt, why only ten tweets? :S

* browser textbox is non touchfriendly edit is PITA (yes, it really is, I did write this post on Jolla phone first but gave up)

* Browser need landscape But I take for granted jolla already prioritize this q1 2014

* if an entry is active and try mark text or move cursor in a silicaapp I often move hand and accidently "enable" pulleymenu. i recomend jolla to disable pulleymenuy when text entry us in "move cursor mode"

* cursor keys in maalit would be good as a complement to above situations...

Over all great work fully respect what done so far lets hope you take our feedback as serious

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-17 at 18:47.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Google don't allow new devices to use MfE unless you're a paying customer. Sad but true.

(yours with sympathy, another annoyed ex-MfE user)
Definitely down to google. As a paying customer my google calendar synced first time and has been up to date ever since
Jolla #272

The Following User Says Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Somebody asked on page one already but i cannot find any reply.

How does RSS implementation work? is it on Notification page?
If not is there a native app already?
Which is the best way to read RSS Feeds on SailfishOS?
The native Tidings app looks nice but it's limited in functionality. You can't import your own ompl file. I've switched to Android rss apps like Press, Flipboard and Pulse for the time being. Press is my preferred one because I could sync all my old Google Reader feeds over to it from Feedly.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Probably stick to AtomaRSS then and just import settings.

Thanks alot anyway...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by att View Post
There is a link feature that will help on this. Just link the duplicates.
What, all 150+? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
In return it would pleasure me to hear Jolla acknowledge that part of the undeniable beauty of the N9 (and N900) was the total integration of key communication tools (Skype, SIP, XMPP whatever into the OS and throughout the contacts list) as well as desktop like behavior like unrestricted multitaksing and small things like copy / paste.
That was also something I absolutely loved on N9 and N900. Now I have to do with Android-version of Skype, but as far as I know, many of those communication tools in N9 were built on top of one framework to integrate them to unified user experience. Sailfish already has XMPP, but does it have Harmattan-style framework in place already? If it does, it shouldn't be too difficult job to develop many of those tools from Harmattan-versions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
i am very happy jolla did not choose higher res than it is. text is already to damn small in the browser! I really hope they licence a better font in the future. also this site get even worse on jollaphone hower I have already stated TMO is not mobile user friendly... its actually PITA to post on TMO using any phone.
Stop whining! This nonsense mobile version thing was invented for incapable devices so don't blame the site if the browser you are using is a POS... I use TMO daily on Firefox for Android with UA expressly set to desktop and it works well so stop spreading untruths of it being a PITA.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
What, all 150+? I don't think so.
I only had 15 duplicates. It didn't take that long to link them.

Any whatsapp users here?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience