Notices

The new version is stored at /home/opt/qtirreco

The Following User Says Thank You to low life For This Useful Post:
Can this app perform macros so all devices can be powered up or down?

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by j-a-k View Post
Can this app perform macros so all devices can be powered up or down?
You can assign several commands to one button and as far as I know, they can be from different Devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by low life View Post
This seems to work great with my Panasonic stereo set, I can control it from a fairly wide angle and long range.
Could you explain step by step how you managed that from the poiht of installing the software? I seem to be being something of a biff when it comes to getting started with this...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Could you explain step by step how you managed that from the poiht of installing the software? I seem to be being something of a biff when it comes to getting started with this...
1. Install the package from extras-testing
2. Start qtirreco from shortcut
3. "New Remote" from title bar, insert random name and create remote
4. "Edit Remote" from title bar
5. "New Button" from title bar
6. Fill in name, pick icon (from the "Change" button), then choose "Add" from right side
7. Pick download remote, browse to and pick your remote of choice (note that the name is the name of the remote, not the device it controls)
8. You should be back in the menu opened by "Add"-button, choose the remote you downloaded and pick the action you want the button to perform
9. When you're back in the new button dialog, press Ok
10. Repeat steps 5-9 as necessary, move buttons by dragging, edit/delete by pressing
11. "Save Remote" from title bar

Now the buttons should perform the function you want them to.

The Following User Says Thank You to low life For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Other way is to select "Download remote" from menu and then select proper remote and finally select buttons for the remote and press use default theme. Thats the quicker way.

The Following User Says Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
i have now spent over 2 hours trying to get this working.
*all installed ok
*i have learnt how to load a remote
*i want to control my uk sky+ box which is made by amstrad
i have looked inside the remote and the code i see in the remote is SKY REV.8 ...... nearest match on qtirreco download list is sky/Sky_Rev_6
i have tried this one many times and i have also tried the other 5 that are in the Sky list but to no avail
here are the ones i tried!
Index of /remotes/sky
[ICO] Name Last modified Size Description -
[ ] NAVIGATOR 25-Nov-2005 21:26 7.7K
[ ] Navigator 08-Oct-2008 15:44 9.2K
[ ] Rev4 22-Apr-2008 17:04 5.5K
[ ] SKY+_DVB-S 30-Aug-2007 19:07 2.2K
[TXT] SkyHD 11-Nov-2008 21:44 8.5K
[ ] Sky_Rev_6 08-Sep-2007 13:47 18K

are there any sky+ users in the uk that can help or advise me on what i need to do?
have any uk sky+ users with rev.8 remogte got it working?

cheers all!

Last edited by fraaaaanka; 2010-03-09 at 01:50. Reason: added tried remotes list into post

Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
I will look into that, it would be pretty awesome to have option to resize buttons.
This would be a big improvement. Also, a keypad (numbers 0-9) that could be chosen instead of a single button and that would fit on, say, half a screen, would be awesome.

One feature I'm missing in most universal remote applications is support for http requests (like HTTP GET). I have a home server running some home automation software that can be controlled remotely by http requests and it would be so cool to be able to control my lights and other things with my N900.

Thanks for a great app,
slarti

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
I have two more ideas I think would truly help people out as well. Again, I'm basing this idea off of this old freeware Remote app from my Palm Centro.

1)Does the IR sensor on the N900(or N800/810) accept IR inputs codes? We could probably circumvent a lot of the uploading and download by allowing each person to input their personal remote they have available. With the app on the Centro I literally would just put the phone up to my remote and then press any key, then define what the title of the input was. It was nice because it allowed you to make these crazy hybrid remotes. So I would be able to power up my Set-top Comcast box and then power my TV up. I could pull up the guide and switch to auxillary inputs all from the same remote. Obviously if you've seen the Centro, you'd know it's much, much smaller and less powerful than the N900. I do realize that this idea may deal more with the backend, which means this is probably posted in the wrong place.

2)Is there a way we could possibly program this app to control Boxee? I'm using BlueMaemo for that right now(mostly because my HTCP doesn't have an IR sensor, but also because I like the Logitech Media Pro Board too much *Buy one, they're great*). I just don't have any idea exactly how the inputs of a bluetooth remote vary from IR codes. I'll study up and see what I can input to possible move the progress. I'm just at work brainstorming some things, but I unfortunately cannot get too far in depth. I really need to learn how to program so I can do some of this stuff myself. Any good sites or books you'd recommend?

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
And don't forget that you could use the FM transmitter for that, too
Yeah I could, but the Bluetooth quality is SO MUCH BETTER. I use the FM Transmitter as a last resort(when I'm other people's car with no aux input). The FM Transmitter is such a bad *** feature, but it usually leaves me wanting a little more.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
i have now spent over 2 hours trying to get this working.
*all installed ok
*i have learnt how to load a remote
*i want to control my uk sky+ box which is made by amstrad
i have looked inside the remote and the code i see in the remote is sky rev.8 ...... Nearest match on qtirreco download list is sky/sky_rev_6
i have tried this one many times and i have also tried the other 5 that are in the sky list but to no avail
here are the ones i tried!
Index of /remotes/sky
[ico] name last modified size description -
[ ] navigator 25-nov-2005 21:26 7.7k
[ ] navigator 08-oct-2008 15:44 9.2k
[ ] rev4 22-apr-2008 17:04 5.5k
[ ] sky+_dvb-s 30-aug-2007 19:07 2.2k
[txt] skyhd 11-nov-2008 21:44 8.5k
[ ] sky_rev_6 08-sep-2007 13:47 18k

are there any sky+ users in the uk that can help or advise me on what i need to do?
Have any uk sky+ users with rev.8 remogte got it working?

Cheers all!
any uk users able to help me with the above?????

Tags
irreco, qtirreco