Active Topics

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
IVA2 + ISP for decoding video streams without using the CPU would be nice to hear about.
Also used for format conversion and 2d bitmap scaling.

Nice multimedia helper features which at the moment are locked up.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
The issue about increasing resolution that it's by no means 'free'. Drawing even 800x480 pixels on screen takes a lot more power and processing than say 320x480. Every pixel takes some operations, essentially, making the device smaller. Not to mention if the size is increased even more. I'd personally say that the 800x480 resolution is really good already
Well there you have it. They're not giving us a higher resolution screen.

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-09 at 21:54.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
As far as I know, the 5800 has just one MicroSD hot-swappable slot (up to 16GB).

The confusion may have arisen because this slot is listed twice on Nokia's official spec sheet - once under "Memory" and once under "Connectors".
For me, it didn't come from that, but from looking at the door for the slot, which looks like it's 2 doors. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Though, at least it's a card slot that you can access without taking the battery cover. Every other Nokia phone I have requires you to take the door off.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
If they had that, a version of the Tube that ran Maemo, then I'd happily consider it to be the device that fills the gap in the time line. Otherwise, no dice.
I have another idea for how they could have filled the gap of a more than 1.5 years between the N810 and the N900...

N810 HSPA Edition

I've said something sort of like that before, but it just really struck me in seeing the WiMAX edition finally released, that a good product announcement for the holidays would be the same thing, only with HSPA (not phone, not SMS/MMS, just remove the WiMAX radio and replace it with GRPS/EDGE/HSPA capability).

Give me that, and the ability to use the tablet as a wifi access point, and I'd be quite happy.